5th grow - Jack Herer (Auto)

I’m still lost, if you chop the plant down to put it in 2 day darkness how does that theory apply?

• stops photosynthesis, so the plant uses nutrients instead of storing them during this time – i.e. encourages plant to take more energy from leaves (leaving less undesirables to flush/cure away)
  • promotes the most bud growth during the final hours, as it’s said that the buds grow at night; people also say it frosts up a bit more (trichomes) during this period but I haven’t yet tried to measure that (have before/after pics but hard to tell from them)
3 Likes

@Bplatinum9 it’s 2 days of darkness before chopping the plant. :slight_smile: She was still drinking from the reservoir during that period. And this is why mentioning the 2 extra airstones was relevant, she wasn’t suffocated even though I had to unplug the grobo to keep the lights out for that long.

3 Likes

Now were cooking with fire! :eyes::bulb::seedling:
I Have heard of this!

2 Likes

interesting - saving this one!

2 Likes

I heard of this and was planning to do it during flush. On my last 3 days of it. I thought you can control the light on and off. You can’t turn the lights off?

The dry mode allows for the light to be off but complains if the reservoir is full and might not power the air pump anyways. There isn’t a mechanism for us to run the pump+fan but not the lights (currently).

o.o.k…sounds like i might need to unplug my Grobro

@Jay_Peso: If you do this make sure you still have a water stone producing bubbles! She could wither up quickly if she’s not getting oxygen for a few days.

I have an external pump so that wasn’t an issue: see this post for a diagram and see this post for a pic of the pump.

1 Like

i might have solved that problem…need one or 2 more magnets

5 Likes

Hah! I had a similar thought but didn’t want to suggest. Please do update us on how it goes.

2 Likes

She looks great by the way, good job on the grow! :green_thumb:

2 Likes

I will…I’m on flush. Do u know what happens during this process of that cycle? Any notifications I should be on the look out for. I extended the flower process, but didn’t finish the extend because I really didn’t need it. So I moved straight to flush. Only notifications got was the normal “thirsty” on Sunday and today “change water” didn’t change yet.

Is it going to push out nutrients? Or what should be going on now because I’m on day 8 out of 10 on flush

You should change the water after switching to the flush stage, that’s when the actual “flushing” begins. Otherwise, there are still some nutrients in the water. That’s basically what the difference between flower and flush stages are.

I’d probably change the water and extend flush by a day or two.

Have you been topping up the reservoir (by doing fill without drain) throughout the week? That’d also help to dilute the water a bit but isn’t as good as a drain/fill.

1 Like

I topped the reservoir Sunday or Monday.

It didn’t promp me to change water when changed to flush. But it did for its scheduled change water. And I did. At the time a lot was going on so I didn’t get a chance to see or hear if the nutrients disperse. I will change in the morning and see what happens.

Do you think I should do the normal schedule water change and right after should I do a change water of my own?

I was thinking about extending flower, but wasn’t sure because I don’t want that couch lock. My tricomes are perfect right now

1 Like

You just want to at least drain+fill once while in the flush stage, ideally done when switching to it so the water is clear of nutes for the entire flush. While it’s flushing you don’t need to drain it but you can top it up.

Since you’re already on 8/10 of flush it might be best to just continue with what you were doing, there’s always the next grow to make some adjustments to the process. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea…this one took so long…112 days. I’m doing a Auto Moby Dick next.

This will be the 2nd time I will drain+fill. Yo think I should not drain+fill like it says to do and just do a fill instead?

1 Like

Up to you - you can but it’s probably not necessary. If it were mine I probably would do it just to clear out the water a bit extra for the last days.

3 Likes

I changed the water this morning…I didn’t hear anything :rofl: :muscle:t5: :ok_hand:t5:. I think I’m going to do another drain and fill tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey…veg got a ?..can u do 4 days in the dark? Wanted to dry Sun. It will be a full 10 days in flush

I let the last one stay in dark for about 3 days and don’t think another day would hurt if it’s getting air/water

1 Like