5th grow - Jack Herer (Auto)

I can’t recommend that you take scissors and start cutting but will say that it gets easier with experience. :slight_smile:

A bit of experimentation doesn’t hurt with the correct amount of restraint. Also never hurts to post what you’re about to do to the forum. Worst-case nobody responds, or best-case everyone responds to tell you about how horrible of an idea it is! :thinking:

Here’s what this grow looked like schedule-wise:

2 Likes

Clever!

1 Like

Truuue. So in your recipe, you started transition before your plant hit the second fan … would you do it differently if you were to grow the same strain in the grobo again? I remember you suggesting extending early veg until then.

This is Seedsman’s recipe, my current recipe after extending, and what my plant looks like right now:

Screenshot_20200328-173145_Chrome

3 Likes

That’s correct - I do think that I should’ve extended early veg for another week or two.

There were what looked like a few pistils starting to poke out so I let it flip over but in hindsight that was probably a bit too soon.

I’m not certain that alone would’ve helped the yield by much. I also kept the room very cold and at a low humidity during this grow which is what I attribute the small buds to. That’s actually causing a different issue trying to germinate in my other grobo (have had 2x failures over the past few weeks) so I’m probably going to need to make some tweaks to the AC/humidifier schedule soon.

1 Like

Ok cool. & that sucks, hopefully you can get the formula right on the next one. Maybe just bringing humidity levels up would be enough for the plants, even with low temps? Or I’ve seen these aquarium heaters that look like long probes … maybe you can find a way to keep one in the grobo (not the reservoir) for the germination/seedling phase.

Wait I just realized you said you’re using an A.C. :upside_down_face: … I thought your space was naturally cold & dry.

Here’s what I tried this last attempt, but in this case I think it was the seed at fault. I’m 0/5 for this pack of seedsman northern lights, couldn’t get them to pop in soil either this was the last one I had figured I’d try it in grobo before using another seed I care more about.

I was also suspecting the cocopod might’ve “gone bad” as it’s old and was just stored in the closet but I’m also not certain if it’s even possible for them to expire in such a way. Have heard about people keeping them in the fridge.

1 Like

Sheesh, that’s horrible. Hopefully those were freebies, even though it still hurts to lose them. The heat mat makes sense Idk why my mind skipped over that and went to something more dangerous :sweat_smile:.

Cocopod going bad? That’s interesting … maybe if it develops organic matter or something that’s what makes it go bad? Couldn’t imagine what else would. I know someone on here mentioned soaking it in hydroguard treated water before planting their seeds. Maybe that would help.

That might’ve been me who mentioned that, I use the same water I’m about to fill with to soak the coco pod - treated w/ recharge + hydroguard initially.

I really do think it was the seeds. They weren’t free but this batch did seem to be of low quality compared to others they’ve sent in the past. I had a Canuk seed start to sprout but then gave up, and as a 2nd attempt I tried that last NL seed.

Might have to use a really good one to find out for certain - I have 1 last Glue Gelato seed from Barney’s Farm but would really like for it to be a success, had intended to plant it in the tent next.

2 Likes

0/5 might win you a refund if you’re willing to fight for it. Is Barney’s considered a top tier brand? (I have no knowledge whatsoever about who’s seeds are reliable, just lucky that my first seed from seedsman popped)

1 Like

Will try a Quick Kush seed by Dinafem next if this NL doesn’t pop in the next 24 hours.

That particular strain (Barney’s GxG) has been really good, denser than my Canuck grows given the same growing conditions. It’s a heavier indica, though. I mostly aim to grow more 50/50 or sativa dominant; AK-47 or Jack Herer are my longtime favorites and that’s what gets exhausted the fastest around here.

From what I understand the seedsman brand are from a collective of breeders, some are good but some might not be as good so there’s a lot of variance involved in getting those. I’ve seen people have success with the seedsman NL on growdiaries but have no idea if it was the exact same genetics.

That said, I am considering adding Mephisto or Dutch Passion to the list later in the year. :calendar:

2 Likes

That’s my preference as well - 50/50 or Sativa dominant.

1 Like

This is my first grow ever. Jack herer photoperiod.
Currently in late veg

6 Likes

Wow is it ever bushy! Looking good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, like I said im as green as it gets but Ive been reading as many topics on here as I can. Also, lots of YouTube videos.

I might be doing it wrong, you experts would know better, but I went with the mainline technique and I feel good so far. This is my first time posting in here so maybe I’ll add more as time goes

2 Likes

Should I cut the dying leaf off or is it too soon?

Day 35: 25/29 Early Veg

2 Likes

You can cut it off it will be fine!

1 Like

Thank you, is there a specific way to cut it, or is it fine to just cut it as close to the stem as possible?

1 Like

As long as you don’t cut into the main stem your good.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like