1st Grow: Strawberry Cough

Day 69 (Late Vegetation 45/58):

7 Likes

Oh my! I had a feeling this was going to do some wild stretching! Any experience with super cropping? Will be your friend in the coming weeks! Looking forward to the review of your harvest!

6 Likes

NO experience. This is my first grow.

I’m just going off what others do & say & suggest. Reading a lot of others’ posts.

For all I know, I’m doing everything wrong.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say you are doing much wrong. Plant looks awesome so far! The only concern is going to be the stretch and how to control it (earlier the better). I would do some additional reading on Super Cropping and watch a few videos to gain your own perspective on the approach and see if it’s what you are comfortable doing with your plant.

6 Likes

Pending on how much you want to train the plant you could decide to top all of the sites and that may help mitigate some of that stretch.

4 Likes

Day 71 (Late Vegetation 47/58):
Watched a buncha super-cropping videos & decided to take the risk.

Best I can tell, I have 6 reliably girthy cola lines:

• I super-cropped 4 (only 1 cracked - Gorilla Glue Tape to the rescue, in lieu of duct tape, which, by some miraculous convergence of space & time, doesn’t exist inside the realm of my ENTIRE house) & tied them down to the SCROG net below using butcher’s twine at a 90° angle, maybe 89°
  • I topped 1 (topping is such kid’s play now)
  • and I left the last alone, as well as leaving the other, smaller ones up to their own devices. For now. I’ll have to have separate conversations with them later.

This is probably the most stressed I’ve been about this plant (High-Stress-Training: I get it now!).

Thankfully, based on what I’ve read, she’ll choose to forgive me or not in a few hours.

Too trepidatious about the whole ordeal to post pics.

2 Likes

Day 91 (Transition 8/14):

7 Likes

@SuperDelic,

She has forgiven you and is now super Tall: :giraffe:
Look out here comes the Light: :bulb:
She is Happy: :smiley:
((#StillWatchingYouGrow)): :eyes:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

((#WhiteFlower)): :white_flower:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=white_flower%20

--

((# ItIsAGirl )):

--

7 Likes

You should have that in transition, she’s going to probably hit the top, unless by late veg 8/14 you mean transition?

4 Likes

Text updated. Thanks.

4 Likes

Ahh gotcha lol. I was like uhh if that’s veg you’re in for a treat lol…

Looking good!

4 Likes

Day 98 (Flower 1/45):
Are those white hairs what I’ve been waiting for?

8 Likes

Looks to be! I see some poking around in there :+1: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Day 171 (Drying 3/5):
It’s been nearly a half-year first grow, and I’m finally days away from enjoying the fruits of my labor.

Why so long? Well, there was topping & supercropping involved; plus, I hear nutrients aren’t dosed properly when Wifi connection is lost, and the abysmal network antenna dropped connectivity daily for hours on end at times.

That’s my only complaint about the Grobo unit: you’d think for 2 grand you could connect to just about anything without having to purchase a 3rd-party add-on.

Note: The extended grow time allowed the roots to find & twist their way around the water height sensors, which explains why some drain/fill cycles were more involved than they needed to be.

8 Likes

@SuperDelic,

((#Harvest)): :clap:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::older_woman:

3 Likes

Day 173 (Harvest):
2.1035 ounces. Not too shabbs for a first-timer.

15 Likes

congrats on the harvest!

7 Likes