100% Organic Balcony Grow (First Time)

Nice! Picture angles

3 Likes

Day 66:

Light defoliation, heavy StepWell Soil EM-1 Foliar feeding; 700ml per feed in just mist / spray.*** EDITED!!!

10 Likes

Day 68: a lot of stretching, de foiled more, both are in their final form

Might add a second scrog for top layer flowering.

9 Likes

Can’t wait to watch these things flower.

5 Likes

I second that. Been watching this thread a lot!

3 Likes

Going to copy that … but first need to get around using Fabric cloth pots …need something to stabilize long thin rollers to hold … maybe some 2x4s on both sides with drilled holes?

Love my Fabric cloth pots…they are more tell tale when to water or when not to water …just by lifting every morning the feel tells you when to water

2 Likes

The pic with sun in it is the 1! Nice

2 Likes

Awesome! Yes, creating a mount to manually tie rogue branches, in addition to the SCRoG, can help keep an even canopy. I might suggest super cropping the inner long branches next round (lesson learned) and obviously begin the grow earlier for a longer veg period with MORE topping (mainlining)

The method I’ve used for a small space (and limited time) has significantly helped increase the chances of a good yield (anything could still go wrong though lol).

2 Likes

Nice stem!!!

1 Like

Day 71:

Switched to NKP Bloom top dressing, EM-1 Foliar spray (daily has been very effective) and completely removed all ties.

7 Likes

Day 73: navigating the use of EM-1 or any additives for that matter truly is unique to each grow. I’m using EM-1 daily, and if anything, both plants are thriving for their limited light exposure. Anyone know much about its use or their experience?

Morning (both plants):

3L - Water w / EM-1 (2ml/L)
EM-1 Foliar Spray (under and top)

Evening:

Re-ty some rogue branches.

Next update

• building second layer on scrog for flowering

![image|633x500, 75%]

9 Likes

She’s lookin pretty!

2 Likes

A little gentle Plant Bondage !!
Nice :+1:t5:

5 Likes

Day 78: another few inches of stretch and a full defoliation for flower. Starting with the 4th node from the top, I removed everything except fan leaves on both plants. Even keeping my total defoliation to 15-20%, it’s still shocking to see the huge pile when you’re finished.

All in all, each plant has about 20-22 mains, 6-8 on each being really strong. This was a very cool technique for my limited light and space.

Feeding is now:

3L water every other day w EM-1 (StepWell)
3L water every other day w Boogie Brix
3L every 7 days w/ 5tbs top dressing, Natures Pride Bloom
Every 5 days Foliar Spray Boogie Brix

11 Likes

Day 83:

Alternating days of Boogie Brix and EM-1 (watered in) and moving Foliar feeding to evening only.

Neat to see both plants growth patterns and distinct genetic differences. In all, two plants have a 7x4ft canopy and a height of 18” above the scrog.

The linear length of the branches that extend to the edges is horizontal growth (24”) plus vertical (18”). My goal was to keep them low and wide for my limited sunlight exposure!!

I assumed a menorah like shape; first photo I think accomplished that :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Day 89:

LIGHT LEAK. It’s real, and I didn’t plan for this.

These ladies are goddamn monsters. ChemDog shot up 1.5” average across all 16 Tops. The problem is ambient lighting from buildings, streets and neighboring balconies.

I built a frame on my existing Scrog. It’s not the prettiest, and I will probably refine it over the next few days.

IT DID WORK! - that’s what matters. Haha.

9 Likes

Day 92:

ChemDog fully in bloom, White Widow is very slow. Keeping them wrapped at night has greatly improved their chances of flower.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Cannot wait for these to flood with buds!

4 Likes

It’s so beautiful, I want to cry :sob::

3 Likes