Zkittlez Autoflower

Hi all @Todd.grobo @pyromancy @Fluffhead @Bplatinum9 @pha720 @Angiebaby @El_Lobo @miami5th @OrionsCeiling @FireGuy,

Been a while since I posted or started a grow. The first AK grow was an amazing experience. So, I was about to start my second but the recipe I looked at for Zkittlez Autoflower that used to be on the app is apparently no longer on the list. The system would not let me post a link to the description of the plant but I got the seeds from ILMG.

What are my options here?

I still have AK I can grow or is there a recipe I can follow for Zkittlez? I am not a huge fan of auto flower but just trying to see the difference because I am curious to see how it turns out. Plus, the grow cycle is much shorted. My AK took 4+ months to get there and this one should be half the time.

Really want to get the next grow going. Learned a lot the first time around thanks to all of you. Got some awesome USB fans installed, temp/humidity sensors, the works. Any advice would be appreciated.

6 Likes

Yo boss!
You should be all set to use the generic auto flower recipe as it works great for most auto flowers. You should also be capable of sending in a strain for a recipe, but I have not tried this feature to give you advice.
Make sure whichever recipe you use has the blue A in the bottom right/left!

8 Likes

Nice. So there is an option for a generic auto in the app? Also, I assume I will be able to adjust as needed down the line based on how play does?

5 Likes

Leave in generic the whole time youll be good

6 Likes

Got it. By the way, do I need to recalibrate the probes before I start? I finished my first grow like 3 months ago and after cleaning I just left my Grobo sitting unplugged and dry. I have the kit so I can get on it before I start. Those damn directions in 3pt font size are killing me tho. Maybe I’ll Google some videos if I need to recalibrate.

3 Likes

If the probes have been sitting dry for 3 months you likely need new ones. Double check woth a calibration

3 Likes

Damn. The solution bottle that the probe came in dried up before the first grow was over. If I check today and they are good, can I leave them ‘dry’ until I plant the seed tomorrow? I want to soak the seed for 24 hours before planting it.

Or

I have a Grobo Start that I have been dying to try. Maybe I can start there until the new probes are in. Been holding off on using it because there are barely any instructions or tutorials on it. Got the adaptor kit as well but it was just a bag of stuff with zero instructions. @bjorn.

Not sure is you used one yet but I am just trying to figure out the timing here. If I test and probes need to be replaced, how long do I have before I have to move the seedling into the Grobo.

3 Likes

They likely need to be replaced. Even if im leaving 5he unit, i empty thw water buy i leave the two sensors in a ziplock bag with water magnetized to the side wall hanging into the res.
Youll likely need to replace them.
The grobo start will give you an extra month of grow time before you have yo transplant it. No feedback yet on the start or at least not positive feedback myself. Only have the seed in 2 weeks now and already found several concerns that would prevent me from using it again

2 Likes

Grobo start is fun!!! Watch the videos before you begin. The instruction manual isn’t that great. There’s a few of us on here that have experience with them now. @miami5th @Bplatinum9 sorry I know I’m forgetting people.

If you can start your new grow that way - I would :green_heart::raised_hands:t3: Glad you are back in action!

6 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Fluffhead - Start in the Start if you have one! It seemed like the seedling grew faster in weeks 1-3 in the Start compared to the Grobo.

5 Likes

Wait… Are you saying that you have seen that recipe on the list before and now it’s gone? I don’t think they remove recipes someone else chime in if I’m wrong…

3 Likes

@Fluffhead @miami5th

On man here goes my evening lol. Agree that instructions are not all that great. What is up with the adapter kit? I see a tray, some plastic things that I think are for the pod that holds the seed/plant. Basically, what do I need to do to transfer the young girl to my Grobo. Also, and maybe it’s in the app tips but how long do I keep the thing in Grobo Start before moving her to the big unit? Had the start for over a month but with no clear instructions I wanted to wait until I got a chance to post here and ask you all.

2 Likes

I was looking at the options for my next grow on the Grobo website or app, cannot remember, and saw that it was available which led me to the link for the seeds on ILMG. Then after I got seeds, very quickly too, I looked it up in the app and there was nothing available.

2 Likes

Our guy @Stephen made a great video about everything you need to know about the Start

6 Likes

I have not transitioned yet

1 Like

Thats really strange maybe our friend @Stephen can shed some light??

2 Likes

Watched it a few time but unless I missed it there is nothing about moving the plant from start to the big mama. Nothing on what I got the adopter kit for. What the big plastic tray is about or what to do with those containers. I assume you put the pod in it with the seed, stick it into start and then transplant to Grobo? Still no idea of how long I should keep it in the start before transplant either. Like I said, maybe it’s in the app notifications but would be nice to know something ahead of time you know. I get the basic setup, that part of the video is very clear.

2 Likes

So the adapter kit is to accommodate the new style of peat pod basket. It is a new white reservoir lid/cover and set of peat pod holder baskets. Simply remove your old lid and replace it with the new one

Please re-watch the video as the other topics you mentioned are addressed in there.

To transplant just go into the Grobo App, Start device, select seedling. Menu - Maintenance - Transplant

5 Likes

Got it. I’ll watch it again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Ok so looks like I can keep them in there between 2 - 6 week and at that point i just take the white basket out of the start, put the new style tray in my Grobo, put the basket in it, and in the app select seedling and go from there. Does that about cover it?

5 Likes