WTH my Grobo 2 just emptied on the floor for no reason? [Team is working on this!]

@Stephen My grow room was shorted out as the Grobo 2 just started emptying on the floor for no reason at all? Now need to pull the rug and clear everything out of the room to see the damage. I saved everything I think, but it was just shooting out and the hose was attached to the back so shooting all over.

Grobo 1 is back online, Grogo 2 is not coming back up, but had a dim blue light on and I think the fan is going, but no lights at all.

Good thing I was even home, heard water dripping and thought what is going on and I ran for the Grobo area and the Grobo 2 was just pumping out emptying on the floor.

I can’t risk this happening again. Imagine if I was not home, not even sure how to start clearing the room out and removing the rug. I did fix it I thought and I said the water level sensors were off and they are.

6 Likes

I get it. Same happened to me. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: it’s ridiculous. I got upset and believe it totally screwed the experience I was supposed to get here. I’m sorry about you floor. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I got the Grobo 2 back online, just no water in it yet. :rofl: The drain hose for the 2 is 6 inches from an outlet, so it sprays right into it.

I moved half the room and flipped the rug up and tomorrow I will move the other half and do the same.

4 Likes

The funny thing is, I just bought that rug especially for the Grobo area to help dampen noise and things.

Now I wish I didn’t as it makes clean up a lot harder. :rofl:

4 Likes

I have the Grobo 2 back up, but scared to put any water in it. :rofl:

4 Likes

I understand. I had to unplug and reset the other day because if you accidentally hit drain instead of fill. There’s no way back accept to unplug. It won’t cancel on its own. FYI :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hey @TheDogMan
Please open a ticket at support@grobo.io so we can look into this for you.

Kindly

3 Likes

That would be OK but Imagine it draining when you’re sitting in the living room watching TV. :grinning:

3 Likes

Still cleaning up. :grinning:

2 Likes

I feel like this could happen at anytime, I imagine the unit 1 with the hose inside it would still be a disaster and I know all to well with the water running out, my initial drain hose had a slice in it and would drain half in the bucket and half on my floor, was a pain for the first few weeks but @Todd.grobo hooked me up with the replacement hose free of charge kudos to him and the team!!

4 Likes

I wonder if it could be a software issue or it is a glitch in the water sensors, or what could have triggered it to do so!! HMMMM

2 Likes

Yea at this point I’m afraid to put water in mine.

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo @Stephen I think and only a GUESS, the Grobo iPhone app might have an issue as I did a drain and fill in Grobo “1” only a little before this happened. Then a little after the Grobo “2” just started draining.

1 Like

Still cleaning up, but feeling much better. :rofl:

1 Like

There is my electrical outlet, and there is the Grobo 2 drain hose.

NOW do you see WHY I don’t want it draining unless I know it is? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and WHY that can lead to a big issueif it starts to drain on its own without me knowing?

2 Likes

I have 2 units and when switching from 1 to 2, it will show I am on 2 but it never refreshed 2. I know this because I hit the open door with my phone as I never use the back button and the light on the other unit comes on. Then I go back and reselect my unit 2 and try to open the door again and it works.
I believe I am just rushing through.
The unit doesn’t drain on its own. There could be a leak somewhere which could be investigated as well.

Couple things at play here, so always best to open a ticket as he’s done. We’ll get it resolved.

3 Likes

No it is faulty. I just did a fill and second it finished, it emptied on the floor again. I am standing here watching it now. App is closed, said fill complete. I finished up, 5 seconds later I hear4 somehting, look over and its draining on the floor. I was right there with a bucket though so not much got on the floor.

So SOMETHING is wrong.

Also now the pump will not even turn off, it is empty and still going. I had to unplug it.

1 Like

Also completely emptied my brand new nutes.

3 Likes

Gonna leave it like this :grinning: until we figure it out. Maybe one of the water sensors is off, I dont know.

1 Like

Only troubleshooting, I put in about 1 gallon of water to keep the probes and everything wet and that amount did not cause any issues. The light, pump and fan also seem to be working now.

Maybe in an hour, I will add a little more water to see IF I can trigger a drain.