Wtf is this lol

these tiny red flying nat looking things are all in my baby space…i can’t identify them…I’m going to use neem oil man smh I’m not taking any chances …i can even get a good close up on em they so tiny …anybody familiar let me know

2 Likes

Check your cocopod as that is most likely where they have laid eggs. Is it more than just slightly damp to the touch? Have you added a fan to your unit? The neem oil is a good temporary fix but you’ve got to murk them at the source!

2 Likes

pod is dry,nothing in water or in pod…nothing crawling…thoroughly searched pod…ive crushed them all seems like…i dont see none at all anymore…no signs of stress on leaves…they are fire red…so not fungus gnats…then thought thrips,checked underside of leaves…absolutely nothing…i was bbq’n on balcony lol…so hoping they ran in from me running in and out…im going to stay on top of it of course…ive used neem oil for preventive measures and to kill eggs with a soil drench…in this case will drench the pod,but she looks good and healthy,so i dont know

1 Like

@SWSVIC forgot to tag lol

2 Likes

Got you, maybe leave it be then and take action at the first sign of damage if you see any. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

hey @SWSVIC are you using anything to prevent bugs?

1 Like

Currently using single-sided “sticky” fly paper that I have affixed to the walls using tiny/strong magnets. Now that she is growing taller and I’ve been pruning I will be relocating them to underneath the plant/placing them on the floor of the grow space.

FLY STUCK - Fly Trap / Fly Paper…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JH915PV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

4 Likes

yea i just ordered some traps…i never had any bug issues before…strange

1 Like

right…exactly what i was thinking

Stuck them on the walls, they were right next to the plant until she grew too wide and a started touching the edges so I had to bump them up above my screen until I have the clearance at the bottom to put them down below. I have caught a couple stragglers already, crazy how they find their way into the unit… they smell that good good :joy::sunglasses:

3 Likes

lol word!!!..my area around my box is so clean…you would think its garbage over there they way the bugs just love being around it…lol

2 Likes

found a bug in mine today. going to look for a fly trap

These work great. They are single sided (instead of double which most others are) and can easily be moved around on the walls when a small magnet is adhered to the sticky side and then attached to the wall, non-sticky side against the wall obviously.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JH915PV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

4 Likes

Fly traps and neems oil worked wonders for me in one day all lil crawlers gone or dead made sure none in coco or hiding under leaves

1 Like