Wifi dropping

Thank you all for the input. This community is awesome very helpful and always lets you know many ways of trying to solve an issue. Greatly appreciated. Thank you all

1 Like

I can confirm ive used step 5 and it works as well

2 Likes

The White House! Love it!

3 Likes

Update: Back online with new update!

Big up to @SWSVIC for the awesome support, trouble shooting and morale support! You the man! :facepunch:t3:

6 Likes

I just performed the update and the indicator turned blinking pink for a minute then the indicator turned black and hasn’t changed since.

Everything else is working fine, lights/fans/bubbler all fine.

When I checked the firmware again, it’s still on 8.0.1 and not updated.

Performed the update again and got the same result but this time the indicator turned pulsing blue but still the firmware is the same at 8.0.1…

Tried it one more time and the result was like the first, indicator black…

My buddy @SWSVIC suggested these steps for me, having similar issues earlier last night and this morning. It worked, worth a try. Good
luck!

Here’s what I did:

1. Held button down on back for 10 seconds then released, the light will start pulsing green.
  2. I then tried to run the WiFi connection wizard which was unsuccessful.
  3. With the light green I then power cycled the unit.
  4. Once it came back on it reconnected to WiFi on its own however the lights nor air pump came back on.
  5. I went to the app and in the settings clicked update light settings. I didn’t change anything just clicked save and then confirmed.
  6. Once saved everything came back on as usual and appears to be running well.
  7. Went in to confirm firmware:
3 Likes

Note to future self: Only perform updates on weekdays during business hours :joy::grimacing:

6 Likes

If we’ll have to pay @SWSVIC double time on week ends, this mofo is expensive!!! @SWSVIC :joy::facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

I’ve had to do that “save light settings again” every so often on one unit or the other; probably once every few months. If the status light is pulsing slow but the grow lights are not on that’s usually all it is. I didn’t notice the pump not coming on when that happens, though - will check for it next time.

1 Like

This is pro bono.

3 Likes

You the best bro! :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

I know the feeling my man, couldn’t leave you hanging like that :facepunch:

3 Likes

I know you had my back bruh :100: :facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

hi Dukz
im at my first growing , and it happen the same to me .
i tried many devices in order to have a new connection wifi , ( last one with my iPhone works)
, but the only sure way to have wifi again is to unplug the cable -
now im fine with the wifi , but the first week i had 3 unexcpeted
black out ……
cheers
Kimba

1 Like

Same here buddy, very frustrating. Now I have a float problem, one thing at a time I guess! It’s definitely working my patience!

Cheers
Eric

Does anyone know if there is a way to hardwire the grobo via an Ethernet cable? I’d much rather just plug it in than reply on Wifi.

3 Likes

Not too sure, I think they said there’s some sort of beta wifi antenna or something, was supposed to receive a package aprox. 10 days ago but haven’t got anything…

Was just contemplating this as I have a mesh network node right above my unit. Would be great to plug right in.

2 Likes

image SWSVIC (#ChampionToMe): (#ForTheWin): :medal_sports:

--

:handshake:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=wifi%20%20user%3Astephen

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/what-if-we-have-to-move-in-the-middle-of-a-grow/1271/2

• (Basically wifi is needed to [Drain/Fill], Give updates): (Mine has been [FastBlinkingBlue] for far too long and We’re going to try to hook it up with the [WifiHelper] when she wakes this morning): (Just as long as she has power she should be good): :electric_plug:

--

3 Likes

Hey @dukz009,

Looks like the antenna will arrive today!

Let me know if I can help with the instal!

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes