White widow still in early vegetation week 7

I haven’t a clue what is going on with my girl. She is in a slow crawl to late veg. I had to extend early vegetation. The fans have not turned on yet. The macro bottle is nearly have finished while the others are topped off. There are littl brown spots on the lower leave showing some nutrient deficiencies. Any ideas as to what the problem. This is my first grow but I’m an intermediate gardener. image|375x500

2 Likes

2 Likes

Take it out of early and flip to late. I never extend the early it’s always late. The nutrients dispensed might be different in that stage I can’t say in regards to that but switch it over to late veg for sure.

Neither of your fans are on? Because with the amount of total days you should have both on by now. You’ll need to send in a ticket support@grobo.io they can help you. But sadly it is a long weekend so I’m not sure it’ll get looked at until Tuesday. But I would still switch over to late veg for sure

2 Likes

Thx brother. I will send a ticket in now. Is it normal for the macro nute bottle to be have way finished while all the other bottles are full?

1 Like

It could very well be because you’re still in early veg but I’m not 100% on that. I feel that’s the case in this situation.

When do you do you’re next drain and fill?

1 Like

Russell do you think his roots look a bit dark?

@KeefGreenLeef, Are you using anything besides grobo nutrients that could be making your roots look brown? If not may I suggest you getting some hydroguard to be on the safe side?

2 Likes

Drain and filled yesterday

1 Like

Ok. I noticed that the coco pod is moist. It seems to be submerged all the time. When i drain and fill it should stop at the second float sensor and not the 3rd right? Thank you guys for your help. I really appreciate you guys. Also yeasterday I had 14 days in late veg stage and was going into transition stage. So I rolled back to early vegetation. Today I switch back to late veg 1/14 days

2 Likes

That’s right for early veg but wait, did you already complete late veg? Wait until you hear back from support. Just keep an eye on base of stem for damping off if the pod is soaked. You could take a cup or two of water out by hand I guess if you want to lower level a little. When you switch to late veg it should go to lower sensor to promote growth of roots. Roots look fine they just need to stretch a little to find water.

3 Likes

I completed late veg stage at the same water level as early. There must be something wrong with the unit. Contacting support. Thx for the tip. I’ll pull a cup or to from the bucket.

1 Like

You for sure want to be in late veg. I think your roots are like that cause the coco pod has just been getting too wet for too long. The water level should be lower so that your roots reach for the water and not sit in it. I believe that’s why the colour and the length. Haven’t had to try to get the water source

2 Likes

Hey Russel, the pod stays wet. Could it be the bubbler. I’ve remove 3 cups of water and it still soaked. I’m really thinking about germinating again. Kind of aggravated with the whole progress. I cut the portion of the coco pod flush with the pod holder, along with some roots! That was 4 days ago and it’s still moist on the top side. Bottle number 4 is chugging along, and I’ve cut 4 sets of nodes from the leaves grow brown spots and sagging. Should I just hit the reset button on this one? Maybe it’s the seed. 42days image|375x500

3 Likes

Man…, idk, might not be worth letting it go. What did support say?

1 Like

They said that my roots look healthy and they had to adjust the ph because it was lacking calcium. Remove the spotted leaves on the bottom and everything will be fine. The fans finally came on a couple day ago from an update they sent me. Since then I’ve cut an additional 4 nodes and the plant grows an inch every time. But the roots don’t stretch. The roots are definitely happy right where there at.

4 Likes

Okay well then just leave her be and grow on if she’s growing :+1:

2 Likes

@KeefGreenLeef,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :eyes:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

--

:green_thumb:

1 Like

Any updates? :eyes:

2 Likes

So I decided to start a new seed and it’s doing well. When I took the white widow out, the roots where wrapped around the pod very tight. And it was completely saturated, although the roots where nice and white. I’m not having the same issue with the strawberry cheesecake. I think when the water level lowers for the roots to stretch is where I had my issues. Probably need more time before the level returned to the top float. They have me on supervision now reporting my weekly progress. The white widow is growing fiercely now that I planted it in soil.

2 Likes

Ohh, so your water level filled too high at a point when it was supposed to be filled to a lower level so that the roots can stretch/develop while searching for water … and since it never had to stretch for water since the pod stayed soak, the roots just grew inside the pod instead?

2 Likes