White Widow from previous post (Plant is dying help/ resolved)

What I’ve found is breeders use a recommendation, but base this off their very controlled environments in which may be very different than yours. The seeds I’ve purchased typically say 60-75 days in flower before harvest for photos

The tricomes are a better indicator of plant maturity rather than what the breeder suggests for timing. Also you can flush your plant whenever you want. Clear, cloudy, Amber, w/e - the difference will dictate the type of “High” you prefer.

For me it’s this

time to flush

7 Likes

@James this perfect my brotha thank you :pray:t4::100:

5 Likes

Alright guys a red flag has been raised. Past couple of days Ive been noticing these white spots & they seem to be spreading… looking to my grow community for thoughts.

5 Likes

Get a loupe and see if it’s bugs. Kinda weird, but magnification will help greatly :+1::v:

4 Likes

@osage yo jerry Im not sure what it is. I do have a theory. My humidifier sits directly next to my grobo. I fill the water in the humidifier with tap water which is actually well water. I have a feeling its being stained in some way by mist finding its way through the back end of the unit. Im attaching some pics of the leafs under the microscope. Thanks my brotha.

3 Likes

Is it on the underside of the leaves as well?? And what’s your rh value?

2 Likes

Do you see a white film elsewhere, especially around the spout of the humidifier?

2 Likes

It’s looking like mold, but really hard to see in the pics

2 Likes

Does it rub off on your finger?

2 Likes

It looks like a growth under magnification, thus my reasoning for mold. Rub it and if it comes off on your finger I’d bet mold, otherwise no clue :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Agreed that it looks like mold, though would be hopeful it’s just calcium/mineral deposits before freaking out.

What’s the RH been at lately?

2 Likes

Don’t think it would be on the spout of humidifier, as it is continually blowing steam out. Wouldn’t have time to form, but on the plant, yes :+1::v:

2 Likes

Its not the the under belly. My rh stays between 40-50% but a couple days ago I forgot to spin the nozzle & it was up to like 70% for about an hour. There is calcium deposit all over my humidifier of the same color. It does rub off with some friction.

1 Like

I’ll be damn, are you not using ro ph’d water in your humidifier?? I use ro water

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this before!! But it would make some sense if you have high calcium tap water and that’s what you used :+1::v:. Guess I’m wrong on that post vegatato :joy::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What are you thinkin brotha? I saw your post on the 5 stage RO filter that’s definitely going to be my next purchase.

2 Likes

Yep that’s all I use, which is why I’ve never seen that before. Looks like mold, but a calcium buildup is possible, I’ve just never seen it. I think @Stephen could chime in and give you a better idea, but that’s where I am at with this plant :+1::v::man_dancing::man_dancing:

2 Likes

Also what are you adding to your res and are you using grobo nutes? You have burnt tips of leaves which tells me your nutes are too strong at this point. I’d back off a bit and do a full dose of revive. That’s 5 ml per liter so 15 ml next drain and fill

1 Like

My tap water does the same thing if used in a humidifier. In this case the spots appeared to be dried up “drops” rather than growing blooms and the mention of the humidifier adds to that suspicion.

I’d still be cautious and monitor for the dots to get any larger but based on the distribution (all over, not starting from any one area “first”) and due to the equal-sized deposits would be a bit less concerned that it is a problem. When I’ve seen mold in the past it wasn’t as uniform (at first) as this looks to be.

@Osage This was my biggest clue, my humidifier used to leave the same white “stringy stuff” here until I started using distilled water in it instead:

4 Likes

This is the spout of my humidifier, props to @Osage on the model recommendation it’s been very solid.

When I was using tap water there was about 10x as much (as seen on Hazy’s leaves) after only a few weeks of use, plus it got on everything else in its path. This pic is after a few months of not doing that. :blush:

I can’t find any pics from that time but there was a triangle-shaped collection of deposits (that looked similar to Hazy’s leaves) from the spout to the edge all along the top of the humidifier.

3 Likes