White Rhino (Nirvana)

You could stand to take off more especially at the bottom, and remove those big fan leaves for sure.

2 Likes

The reason I left some of the larger fan leaves at the bottom is because that’s like the only fan leaves left of that branch. Some branchs are short compared to the others.

Is it bad to leave a branch with out any fan leaves?

1 Like

The fan leaves carry water through your plant to your bud sites. I can tell you that every time I rid my plant of them more just grow back but I’m still learning about defoliation. I’m not finding the answers to my questions yet but I will keep you posted! In the meantime have you checked this out?

1 Like

Hey @Yeah_Im_Cheating you could stand to push/bend the big top fan leaves out of the way to expose your colas more. She’s looking great and perfect size to go into transition. :+1:

3 Likes

@Bplatinum9… Thanks that was a good read!

@Dew. So just bend the fan leaves and tuck them out of the way?

3 Likes

Basically yes. It doesn’t damage the plant and you can use them for energy if the plant needs um. Once you are far enough into flower, you won’t need any of the big fan leaves at all assuming she’s healthy as she’ll grow plenty of smaller/sugar leaves to get her chlorophyll fix-

5 Likes

Finally! My question on fan leaves in flower stage has been answered! Your the greatest @Dew!

2 Likes

Still in late veg day 39.

I am considering cutting the branches marked with vertical red lines. This would leave me with 7 good looking branches. The horizontal red lines show the top height of the marked branches.

4 Likes

Looks good. Two of those branches are pretty thick and might want to let them ride. Trim smaller branches above and they may stretch for light.

2 Likes

Like the sticky pads :+1:

3 Likes

Trying my hand at super cropping. Between super cropping the 3 tallest branches and some tie downs on the others. Everything is getting a ton of air and light.

7 Likes

The very next day. She is looking good. With all the super cropped branches turning up back to the light.

8 Likes

Looking Good…

Have extended late veg soo much ugh…

Can’t wait to move to transition!!!

1 more week to recover from the super crop…

But look at that flat canopy!!

9 Likes

Lookin good u could even switch I’d say 3 days after super crop. So u if u wanted u could switch to trans today

3 Likes

Well after roughly 48 hours of darkness and the air pump intermittently running… I guess she is still looking ok.

Did some trimming even though I am into flower…Such a bushy plant.

So excited to see the buds forming!

8 Likes

Flower 14/52 Day 100

Starting to so sugar leafs!

So many bud site look to be growing well.

Will do a finale defoliation at Week 3 of Flower.

10 Likes

@Yeah_Im_Cheating,

((#ILoveThisFlower)): :white_flower::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

--

((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

You have tons of Bud Sights: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart: ((#I’mJelly))::strawberry::squish::Or::grapes::squish::wink:

--

((#PerfectlySaid)): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::innocent:

((#LearningAsWeGrow)): :brain::green_thumb:

--

3 Likes

i believe you can count grobo’s transition mode as part of flowering time(its part of the 12/12 lighting time) if your following the major defoliation @ 3rd week like in the nebula haze guide etc.they don’t note a transition mode between late veg and flowering.

Some more experienced growers might clarfiy I’m on first grow myself so take that into consideration :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Went ahead and Defoliated

Before

After

12 Likes

Day 117…31/52 Flower. Roughly 31 days till harvest.

It has that familiar smell but with some sweetness to it!.

I think on future grows I will do a better job getting rid of bud sites that won’t be able to take advantage of the lights, but for the 1st grow I needed a baseline to compare against.

11 Likes