What's goin on here?

If you smell your res does it smell like fresh carrots? This is the easies way i’ve found to detect root rot. Your water temp is high but if you’ve been using hydroguard it should be ok. Also noticing that all you have is a taproot coming out which seems unusual to me. Normally i’ve seen more roots out of the pod.

3 Likes

That water temp a lil to hot might want to cool it down do you have hydroguard. You may also want to do a water change and let her recover

2 Likes

But also agree with @FireGuy does it smell?

1 Like

Doesn’t smell out of the ordinary and ive never used hydroguard b4 and its plenty roots in the reservoir that’s connected to that main root

@Farmercuetical,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (Your Best Bet Is To Get That Pod Up, -And- Dry It Out With Extra Fans): (Once Your Roots Have Hit The Water, The Soggy Pod Makes The Main Branch [UnHappy :frowning_face:]):

{:wind_face:}:

- - - [2021-07.29]:

@Farmercuetical,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (You Might Be Blowing Too Much Wind down On Your Little One, Causing Her To Lean): (You Could Indirectly Blow It On Her, Bouncing Wind Off The Walls, -Or- Lower The Velocity):

wind_face..~~{:wind_face:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Can you post a good clear picture of where the main stem meets the coco pod?

I would certainly consider adding Hydroguard after each drain and fill.

:peace_symbol:

1 Like

1 Like

Roots look like more than staining. Are they slimy feeling? Also, have you done a ph health check? i see your bubbler is working. It’s still an odd root formation if you ask me with that small ball still in the res. If not slimy and health check on ph probe passes, submit a ticket. Also, not a very clear picture of where the stem meets the pod…could be dampening off, but the stalk should be thick and green where it meets the pod, not constricted if you can look.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s staining. Definitely something else going on.

Can you post a pic like this:

Trying to see if your plant is damping off. If it is there are some telltale signs like the stem narrowing and getting smaller where it enters the pod - classic hourglass shape.

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Is this 8 days past germination? Thanks for heads up @FireGuy should have read better.

2 Likes

It’s day 8 of late veg according to the original post, so day 32.

1 Like

Look how much nutes frm # 3 &5 it dosed since last drain/fill which was Saturday… That’s not normal is it?

1 Like

The nute dosing isn’t normal but neither is your stalk! Submit a ticket and push your pod up 1/2-3/4 of an inch if possible. also if you have any small fans you can put in grobo, do so and point at the pod, that’s damping off my friend.

2 Likes

Decided to terminate her and start over! This go around i have a strain called Corona Kush! Its a feminized (fast version) seed whatever that means from crop kings. @Todd.grobo

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Fast seeds from the info I have found “appear” to have 1-2 weeks quicker flowering time than a regular feminized seed. That’s the only difference I have been able to tell. Not quite as fast as Autos, but clearly they feel they’re faster.
Going to watch this one!

2 Likes

This is where she’s at as of today! Question is the pod raised high enough? I added a fan today also…

3 Likes

You could go a tiny bit higher if you want. Not necessary though if you start to notice the pod drying out.

4 Likes

My man :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Looks like a good height to me. You can always adjust up if you nee a bit more. Looking good if shes popped and has some green already!

4 Likes

Keep in mind, you don’t want your pod too dry before the taproot exits the pod and can start getting wet itself.

2 Likes