What to do?

Hey fellows growers happy holidays ! Ok my question is this what should I do I got three huge fan leaves that grew on my main cola I am 8 days into transition I gave here a hair cute 8 Days before transition and she looked pretty good so I don’t know how these got so big what should I do ? These fan leaves are blocking a lot of bud site and they are to big to tuck .i know I shouldn’t be cutting anything off at this point. Any help would be appreciated

Uploading: 4DD8105A-BF03-48A5-A50C-7DD50CE6E5D4.jpeg… Uploading: 13F702C3-0696-4A2C-8BD1-F95344B16813.jpeg…

6 Likes

Well I’m just gonna tell you from my personal experience… My plant is on Day 11 of Transition and I’ve removed a few leaves here and there along the way. Very lightly… she seems to be doing just fine. I don’t really think plants are too hurt from removing a leaf or two here and there, especially the darker older ones.

My first grow was an Autoflower, and she surely didn’t mind losing a few leaves here and there, she had so damn many. They quickly are replaced by the smaller leaves.

Your plant is still producing leaves and stems right now since it’s not flowering yet so it will be able to re-coup as long as you don’t take off a ton of them.

But, I am also aware that a lot of sources say to wait until Week 3 of the 12/12 to do the first major haircut, which I believe correlates to when the plants typically start budding, so you can give lots of light to the baby buds all over the plant.

It’s your call. If it was me I’d get rid of them.

6 Likes

Plant looks awesome!!!
There are specific guidelines for defoileation but they basically serve as a starting point and come in handy especially for those who have little to no experience.
Once you have grown a harvest or three you will feel better mapping out what works best for you!
The defoliation instructioins give you a guideline that works but its not the only thing that can work for your style & space.
I go by the rule of, if a leaf blocks a bud site it either has to go or be scrogged, pushed, or weighed down under the bud site. So if you dont like to remove then find a way to keep them from shading your buds!
I remove leaves in all stages as needed.

4 Likes

Thanks growers I appreciate it :call_me_hand:t2:.i toke it off last night I decided to do one every few days I don’t really wanna stress her out to much since she is going through transition . I will see how that works .

4 Likes

Thanks Bp.i appreciate the advice .Go figure it was a free seed I wasn’t even expecting to grow it and out of know where I was like why not and I am happy I did .:+1:t2:

4 Likes