What is wrong with her?

Soils still moist. Last watered 2 days ago.

1 Like

Could be a ph imbalance

1 Like

My tent plants are never moist 2 days after watering. Seems like I’m watering them every 2days. - I’m guessing a pH problem? Plants not absorbing enough and locking out?

Mine were looking kind of droopy like that the other day. At first I thought maybe over-watering because some of the top of my plants were yellowing but the soil was dry. The I realized that I was checking the pH of my water before adding nutrients. I finally calibrated my pH pen then added my nutrients, then checked the pH It was reading like 4 even though it was closed to 6.5 before adding nutrients…so I got it back to around 6-6.5 and watered them.

I also started adding water too quickly last week basically out of being impatient. I think this was draining the water too quickly, so I went back to watering them with a sprayer this week.

I also realized this week my light was a little too close to the top of my plants, so I adjusted it closer to 18 inches from the top and turned it down from 100% to more like 75%. I was getting some light burn, I suspect this was causing the yellowing.

Reading around online I also figured out it’s a good idea to check the pH of your run-off water to get a better idea of soil pH. I just sucked some of it up in an oil syringe and into a red solo cup to test it.

Here’s a picture of my plants yesterday before adding the properly pH’ed nutrients… then the difference of how much better they looked in the morning.

This was last night:

This was this afternoon:

They perked up quite a bit just overnight after adjusting the pH.

8 Likes

Back on the game

2 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

The combination of adjusting the light down and watering with just ph balanced water was smart. In veg I keep my light 75-80% and then once it hits flower I slowly increase the power of the light 2-3% each day until 100%.

3 Likes