What do do now?

Howdy,

My first plant is now at 122 days but still hasn’t flowered. I have “shifted” twice to transition and currently on day 22/32 of flowering, The tops are getting near the top so I have to consider giving the plant a severe cut. I know that light hours are crucial but my grobo box emits light from the door. Perhaps, the plant is not getting it requirement of dark hours. Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion, please chime in.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say this but if your in Veg and have no buds yet and your at the top this is a problem…

Can you provide a picture maybe there is a way to trim the plant back

2 Likes

I think was last Sunday.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hey @egval,

Are you running an auto recipe perhaps with a photo seed? You can reach out to the team at support@grobo.io and we can help out too.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

Pecans eh?

Yeah, you are running an auto recipe, so extending transition, flower etc. won’t do anything. You will need to find a recipe without the blue A on it and then shift forward to day 1 of transition. You are correct, not getting the correct amount of darkness to trigger flowering yet.

Stephen

4 Likes

Hi Stephen,

I used the recipe for Critical Mass feminized seed. I am unsure of a recipe with a Blue A. I mentioned the light leakage to Grobo when I received the unit. But they didn’t say anything about it. Aside from using a different recipe do I need to cut the tops? Oh yes, I am a pecan farmer. More of a hobby with only 128 trees on nearly 3 acres. Still I produce over 3,000 lbs.

egval

@egval,

• (Your Flowers [:blossom:] Have Begun To Show):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

It is me again. I looked up the Blue A and this is not an auto seed. I purchased a feminized seed.

Hey @egval,

Correct, but you are running an auto recipe on your unit. Support is responding now to help you find the right recipe and fix you up.

Cheers,
Stephen

1 Like

With this being the case, she’s gonna fill the Grobo quickly…you may want to start trimming or supercropping, but I’m sure Grobo Support will have some suggestions as to best handle the upcoming stretch.

1 Like

Well shuck my slippers. Okay, I have done what you recommended and force quit the current recipe and started the generic indica recipe. Since the plant is so tall I moved it to the flowering stage and have confirmed the lights are set for 12/12. I also replaced the nutrient bottles. Lastly, I snipped off the fan leaves to allow more light to the potential flowers below the tops. So, I guess it wait and see. It’s a good thing these plants are hardy. Thank you and all the staff that consulted on my plant.

Ernie

3 Likes

Hey @egval,

Nice, it’s a learning journey for us all, even with an automated unit. The one point I have is you should be on day 1 of transition, not flower. That’s when the lights change to 12/12. Your plant hormones will flip over and your plant will go into ‘stretch’ for 2-3 weeks and double in size.

Good luck keeping her down with super cropping, popping the cocopod through the lid and using the drying racks to keep the plant out from under the light.

You can’t rush nature. :wink:

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

I hate to ask this but are those your roots being used to tie back the plant. Or just fraying rope?

2 Likes