Wedding Cake Grow **Harvested**

@Aang It looks like there is way too much water/condensation under the reservoir lid. If water is splashing up there it is surely over saturating the peat pod.

What stage of the grow is this in? I ask because in early veg it fills to the Medium float mark. That could be part of the problem too.

Considering the techniques I mentioned in the damping off victories thread. Also take a look at how @SilverGrobo has added a spacer or another lid to raise the entire pod up.

2 Likes

@SilverGrobo @miami5th I’m on Day 13, Early Veg 3/14

I have a regular lid I can try adding underneath the peat pod lid but I’m not sure if it’ll fit

2 Likes

Actually I misspoke. In early veg it fills to the medium float level. In late veg/trans/flower it fills to the high mark.

2 Likes

@Aang I would scoop out 2-3 cups of water… that should lower the water level line. And as @SilverGrobo says, you can start hitting her with a fan on low now as well.

4 Likes

The regular lid will not fit. For now I manually drained out some water. I have a fan running too. Will try to figure out a solution when I come back home tonight

3 Likes

Alrighty then. Hmm, I’m going to be in a similar situation soon as I have 2 seedlings in the Start to transplant into the Grobos once the current plants are harvested.

I know with my old style lid it wasn’t quite a perfect fit on the tank. Just gently laying it on she would sit a good 0.5" higher. Going to have to keep a close eye on the water levels, height of the new peat pod basket, condensation under the new lid, and peat pod wetness once I transplant.

4 Likes

Day 24 Early Veg 14/14

She’s looking better and her new growth looks healthy :slight_smile:.
I count 5 nodes on her, so I’ll be topping soon and then give her an extra week to recover. She was leaning a lot so I’m using a twist tie to keep her stalk upright.
Planning to take a look at her roots in about 2 weeks, super curious to see how they’re going to look.

4 Likes

When correcting an error its important to do it in the original post instead of making a new one because most people only read one or two post before trying things out, they will never catch the mistake if its too far down in the posts! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

General practice is NOT to manually adjust water levels!
Work with grobo support on finding a permanent solution to water level issues!
Its important to know if your sensors need adjusting or if there is a technical error with sensors! :eyes::seedling:

4 Likes

Day 27 Late Veg 3/14

She looked ready so I topped her. I did a drain/fill to give her fresh water and nutes but I noticed bottle #5 did not dispense (bottles # 3 & 4 dispensed). Waiting to hear back from Support on this. I’m wondering if I should manually dose bottle 5. She’s looking good, I want to prevent any cal/mag deficiently issues lol.

EDIT: Figured out what happened with the help of Support. The Grobo completed the dispense action but the tube in bottle #5 is a bit short and it does not reach to the bottom of the bottle. I manually dosed for this drain/fill and will be mindful in replacing bottle #5 sooner until I can fix/extend the tube length. Thanks @Dani for the quick response! :slight_smile:

Before top:

After top:

4 Likes

Looks like you double topped.
Stroke the leaves downward next time to be sure there is nothing inside! If you know what I mean! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Ah I think you’re right. I didn’t mean to double top. It’ll be interesting to see how she grows :joy:

2 Likes

Day 31 Early Veg 7/21

A week after topping her, there are 4 branches growing out :slight_smile:
She has already reached the first fan. I think I might snip off the 2 biggest fan leaves soon. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

6 Likes

Day 43 Late Veg 19/21

I’m removing the smaller branches and cleaning up the bottom of the plant. I think I’m going to let her go into Transition soon. She looks happy :slight_smile:. Any advice is welcome!

5 Likes

I like it her… you given this plant some serious attention Aang. Looks good

3 Likes

Thanks @buzzy6!

Day 53 Transition 9/14

I’ve been chopping off smaller branches that won’t make it. I know she’s really bushy right now. I’m letting her grow on the bushier side to see how she’ll turn out because on my Blueberry Muffin grow I trimmed her a bit too much I think.

Need some advice here. I have 2 branches that I’m thinking about chopping off. If I chop those 2 branches off, the plant will still have 7 main branches. I read that generally it’s good to have about 6-8 main colas. Is it a good idea to chop them off at this stage of grow? I don’t want to stunt her stretch either as she can be a bit taller. @Todd.grobo @Vicc @Bplatinum9 @vegetato

Pics of the 2 branches - should I chop them off? The branch in the back is above the 2nd fan and it’s higher than the branch on the right side but it doesn’t seem to be growing.

6 Likes

I would probably take the smaller branch that seems to be stunted, if it appears the growth has stopped. It would seem likely that the branch would only draw energy and resources away from the other cola and prevent those from fully developing. Makes sense to me.

3 Likes

The one facing the back fan for sure. Not sure on the other one but i dont think it’ll hurt at this point.

2 Likes

Nice dark green leaf colour, she is happy atm

2 Likes

Thanks @buzzy6 @Todd.grobo
Chopped the 2 branches off! No regrets! :joy:

8 Likes