Wedding Cake Grow **Harvested**

I wasn’t sure what monster cropping is and had do a search lol. That’s a really good idea that I didn’t know I could do. I’m just not sure if I have an environment to keep the clones alive and healthy right now :thinking:

3 Likes

2 things I should add if you don’t know

Monster crop can only be done with photo plant. You can’t clone auto’s

It takes a long time to re veg. Your always better off to take your clone during veg if possible

4 Likes

Day 62 Flower 4/41

She’s outgrowing the machine. First time I had to super crop, did I do it right? Any input is appreciated. I think I need to do a little more defoliation but I might wait until she recovers. @Todd.grobo @Mpower11 @SilverGrobo

Before:

After:

5 Likes

Is your plant still stretching?

You preformed the supercrop correctly. I may have bent them a bit lower because your very close to the LED but you did a good job

5 Likes

Yes, she’s still stretching. If needed, can I super crop the same branch that was already super cropped but in a lower area? Thanks!

4 Likes

she still needs to be thinned a bit. Im worried all the leaves will create moisture. looks good though. She might keep stretching, youll require tying her down like i did.

4 Likes

In regards to defoliation, do you guys chop off some of the new/thin branches that shoot up? Those branches are above the 2nd fan/near the top. Wonder if they’re worth keeping. @SilverGrobo @Mpower11

4 Likes

Dang, this is my first time on this thread but she’s yuuuuge!

I’d do a good amount of lollipopping and defoliation. I don’t think any more supercropping is in order, but those lower branches should come off probably around the last day of stretch or first week of flower.

I call them suckers as they suck energy from tops that we consumers desire to be fat :joy:
She’s so healthy! And you care for her so well. Hope she stays within the confines of your Grobo & stops stretching before she starts screaming “FEED ME SEYMOUR!”

I just defoliated and I want to take some of those lower I cut off and clone them. If you can, try to do the same! It’s very efficient

4 Likes

I personally remove the offshoot branches
Leave your main 6 and remove the rest see how she looks after. Maybe more manageable.

5 Likes

Todd said exactly what I was thinking also

4 Likes

Thank you guys @OrionsCeiling @Todd.grobo @Mpower11 :+1:

3 Likes

Quick update: She’s still stretching but I think I’ve gotten her under control.

Chopped off some offshoot branches. I’m really surprised on how resilient and happy she looks even after the super cropping and defoliation. She still has a good amount of offshoot branches and a few burned leaves that I’m planning to remove by tomorrow. She currently looks really bare to me lol.

Before haircut:

After haircut and tying down the super cropped branches:

4 Likes

A big improvement with room to keep going
Fingers crossed for ya

4 Likes

I noticed the peat pot holder came off. I’m not sure what to do here as the plant is too tall to get the peat holder back on and I can’t open the lid. I think I’m going to hold up the plant with ties so the pod doesn’t fall completely in the water

6 Likes

Day 74 Flower 16/41

Had to chop off some bud sites on top due to light burn. I’m not sure how much bud I’ll get from this grow but I’m happy to say that she isn’t stunted and she still looks healthy. All the bud sites are exposed to the light so there won’t be any undeveloped buds.

I can probably cut off a couple more big fan leaves but I’m tempted to leave them on for this grow and see how it works out. And maybe on my next grow I’ll give her a heavier defoliation.

2 Likes

Sucks man exactly the same thing I went thru :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

haha it’s ok. I did things differently this grow and learning a lot from it :joy: :+1:

2 Likes

Totally agree at first I wasn’t gonna attempt another royal :crown: gorilla :gorilla: in the grobo again but I actually thought :thought_balloon: to myself actually it’s a challenge so as soon as I’m done :white_check_mark: with my gsc auto I’m giving her another shot in the box :package::+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

haha cool, you get to apply what you learned from your 1st grow to your 2nd royal gorilla grow. I’m thinking about growing some blueberry muffin for my next grow because it was my 1st grow. We’ll see! :grin:

4 Likes

:yum: sounds gd :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes