Water Temperature

Ok… turns out you have to “prime” an inline pump.
Man… the Seedo machine is looking more and more appealing by the day…

Hopefully your tubing is as short as possible. If not (like mine), priming is a real chore! Hopefully this doesn’t have to be done every week with every drain and fill. It should retain the prime… I hope. How to: Prime an External Water Pump - YouTube

2 Likes

Here’s my hoses coming in through the back. Nothing fancy yet but I agree it needs to be disassembled and some holes drilled.

1 Like

Yea sorry I poured ro water into pump to prime. During a drain and fill I just shut pump off then drain and fill, turn pump on and I’ll have some bubbles then straight water :call_me_hand: no prime after drain and fill

2 Likes

I’d get ur inlet tube under clear guard so ur roots don’t get sucked into hose

2 Likes

Yes! Inlet tube is behind the guard. Outlet tube is outside. That was the one single clear step that I could follow. Lol.

Although, I’d like to cut two holes in the guard for both tubes to come into to help hold them into place. Maybe even add a 90 degree angle adapter

1 Like

9 Likes

Could probably put ur inlet under guard too. I like how u have it setup I may do something like that when cutting the res to give it a more oem feel

1 Like

Not sure my setup is anything special? Lol I just have the clear guard lifted so I can slide the 1/2 in tubing under there. It’s causing my tray that holds the pod to not sit level as you can see the tubing would not let the tray be flesh. Probably will come back to bite me.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that. I’ve had my chiller attached for this whole grow and although the tubes do make the res lid higher in the back it’s not serious enough to mess with the plant. You are good :+1::v:

4 Likes

Your roots lookamazing

6 Likes

All this work and I can’t get it to hit 64. Seems to stay at 65.

@LtcTerps do you have same issues with your unit (since it’s the same)?

2 Likes

I would test the water temp rather than going off what the device suggest. The unit itself has really solid reviews

It will happen it takes a little time to cool it. It took mines a week to hit it but I have 20gal to cool down. What made it happen for me is I manipulated the system. It takes a lot of energy to cool d ok wn and maintain 64f So I set my cooler to 59f and it jumped to 64.
It’s easier to maintain 64vwhen ur trying to get to 59.

1 Like

I do have same issue but as was said I’d test water temp. I actually just set mine to 66 because I’m getting a lot of condensation off my lines dripping on floor.

What tubes are you using. I’m using hydrafarm tubes no condensation.

1 Like

Not sure what brand hose is from homedepot but I also have hydrofarm for majority of system and both lines have lots of condensation(enough to put a towel under everything). I’m keeping an eye on it since it just started and not to big of an issue

That’s odd. I have no condensation. Even down to 59f. Maybe because my house is so warm.

You mentioned your in Cali, dry heat no condensation. The east coast has high heat and high humidity. If I pull anything cold out of the fridge it sweats, toilet tanks even with insulation in them are sweating.

3 Likes

I bumped it up to 66 and it’s much better(not dripping off hose) now. Yea it’s going to be a battle during flower to keep humidity down

@LtcTerps @Osage just curious on why you guys choose inline pumps vs submersible pumps?

1 Like