Water temp

My water temp is 72.7 , I’m in germination ? Is this okay ? Or should I take action ?

2 Likes

Warmer water temps in germination will help the roots but at the same time keep a close eye because that temp can also foster pathogens … it’s not guaranteed but keep an eye out … if your scared throw some orca or recharge in the res and the bacteria and mychorizae will eat the pathogens and protect the roots

1 Like

Alright sounds good just got some distilled and ph up and down , hopefully it will go good , how many scoops are recharge ? I have no clue what gallon is the resivor

Reservoir is 3gallons

1 Like

I think the res is 2.6 gallons but not sure… just follow the guideline for 2 gallons

1 Like

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1124/0094/files/premium_img7_new.png?v=1574402770

1 Like

I really dont want to waist the water I put in there does , recharge matter how much you put it said it wouldn’t hurt the plant either way ?

Just put a single dose in then 2.5grams or 1/2 tsp

3 Likes

Sounds good I’ll just leave the water temp as is and hope for the best !

I’ve found the recharge (or equivalent) + hydroguard does seem to work to alleviate the temperature concerns if used from the beginning of the grow as a preventative measure.

Have been running between 72-74° mostly for my latest grow without issue (haven’t looked in the res since day 3 but haven’t had any need to either).

Removing the small square trap door at the rear of the unit and circulating air in through the bottom has helped me to keep the res temperature lower; if that door is on more heat might accumulate down there.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention something in that last post.

When I do a drain/fill I use 2x 4L distilled water jugs plus a bit more - the unit fills with roughly 11L after the initial 12L, not all will drain out on subsequent drain/fills.

The thing to mention is that in my case one of those jugs goes into the fridge overnight (gets down to about 54°F that way) and when mixed with a room temp jug (plus about 1L or so from a 3rd jug) it lands around 62° at the time of filling. I dump all of this into a single bucket and make sure everything is mixed well first.

That relief doesn’t last long but it does seem to help; my suspicion is that it’s long enough to stunt or stop the bad bacteria from establishing a foothold. Either that or the beneficials are just that strong. :muscle:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hygrometer middle center please and more air circulation around your unit :joy::joy::+1::v:

5 Likes

That’s all the room I got man :rofl::rofl:

Holy crap, that’s a lot of nutrient bottles in the one pick. Dude is hoarding. Hahaha.

2 Likes

Love the shotgun, but be warned, firearms near cannabis might just be super fkn illegal. Check your laws and make sure you are within bounds. I’ve taken my many risks in life with my beloved plant, but I’m not going to fkn prison for her or anything/one else :joy::joy::+1::v:

2 Likes

The weapons are for hunting and hunting only , those are all guns given to me from my dad and his dad . Thank you for the advice.

Brother, I take all our constitutional rights seriously!! I am of a military family who has trained with various weapons since the age of 5. Father is airborne ranger sniper, brother is a Blackhawk helicopter pilot, who is now working on fixed wing, sister is a boom operator (fuels fighter in mid air) and so on. Didn’t mean to offend, just wanted to give you a heads up as laws regarding growing cannabis and having weapons around your grow differ from state to state. I love my guns too :joy::joy::+1::v:

4 Likes

You didnt offended me , my father also served . There are just alot of people who think guns are you know … and that’s just not the case .

1 Like

Water temp is about 73 and inside temp is about 89 I opened the door to see if it would cool off , I did throw some recharge in and made sure my ph levels were also good .