Water is brown

1st grown and have drained/filled water tank 4x’s. Discard water is brown. Wiped my finger across bottom of tank and all brown. In day 51. Haven’t had this issue with with other water changes. PH 6. Temp 65.hunidity 30. Water in tank 63. No additives. Change water every week. Distilled water only. image

2 Likes

Can you take a picture of the water after? Cause bottle 5 will stain a bit but the water shouldn’t be brown. Plant looks fine but other pictures would help

2 Likes

I wish I had taken pic. Filled on Sunday water is clear. It looked like a strong glass of tea. But had residue on bottom of tank. Iam thinking nutrient #5. If it happens again I will get pics.

2 Likes

Thanks Russel for feedback. Wish I had gotten pic. But as of today water is clear.

Pat Gaskill

1 Like

Weird. I mean even if it was bottle 5 it shouldn’t have been that dark. Every drain and fill I have done have been pretty well clear

1 Like

Your drain and fill frequency is too low. You should be close to your 8th drain and fill. Did you get weekly prompts to do this? Sounds like your doing it roughly every two weeks. This is one possible starting point to look at.

2 Likes

Russel Thank you for your response. I should have said i drain /fill every week. And water clear. The only thing I can point to is maybe nutrient entered tank with too much. Just checked tank still clear. So I think it is the nutrient #5. When it goes in tank the hose out of bottle vibrates a lot. There is no smell. So can only think it is nutrient. I will know tomorrow will b doing a drain/fill earlier than usual, going out of town.

Pat Gaskill

1 Like

Might be brown algae I had that in my grobo… that stuff sucks it didn’t effect my plant but made everything gross

2 Likes

Thanks for that Chris. Will look into that. Appreciate the heads up!

Pat Gaskill

Russell. My brown was turned out to be root rot. Took of roots. See pic. And now have added hydro guard. image

3 Likes

pythium is a bitch I use to get it all the time.

1 Like

Does your plant look like it’s hurting? That doesn’t look terrible to me add Hydroguard and you will be fine

2 Likes

Thanks Chris. Added hydroguard. The water was still light brown but not as dark. Plant is doing great.

Pat

3 Likes

you said it didnt affect ur grow, thats good to hear cus my nutrient cords have it on it, i change water once a week, i gotta start wiping it down inside