Veg Garden 2021

Radishes, Asparagus, Strawberries, Rhubarb, Carrots. The lettuce we will be able to start eating next week and Kale the week after. They’ll last the summer if trimmed up like a tree.

6 Likes

That’s awesome… My asparagus is done for the season… Strawberry plants I pulled they were 4 years old and tired… I’m trying to find starter strawberry plants to replant in late summer / early fall. No luck so far :frowning:

3 Likes

yeah, Asparagus is done now, letting it seed.
Do your strawberries not run every year? I have them growing through all four rows of the garden, I just cut the runners and plant them somewhere else. I did that to protect the Blueberry’s front frost damage. They return every year, but similar to SOME of the raspberries I have (not the ones in the photos) they seem to get stunted from the cold winters. That’s why I build the blocks as I did, to block and protect as much of the roots. Strawberries should produce the whole summer? Ive picked a full bowl already and still that much growing again. I am fighting birds for them, so I pick when white/pink! hahaha

3 Likes

My strawberry plants where sick last year and this year the same thing happened (black spot and powdery mildew) I planted 2 new plants they were fine. I pulled all of them going. I think starting over was the best bet. I hear you on the birds and they start eating early.

Today harvest

7 Likes

Nice pics I can just relax in it and smoke few fat ones lol love the vibes it brings peace of :brain::dash:

5 Likes

Well I’m a bit upset my little auto is on day 67 from seed right now.

I only sowed 1 plant as a experiment to see if the auto would finish early. Doesn’t seem like this plant wants to flip to flower. No sign of buds yet. Should have sowed 2 beans

8 Likes

Wow power she got big! :muscle:t3:🪴

6 Likes

If she a auto and don’t produce buds yet or any at all… What does that mean? she no good or? Always learning something new every day :brain::pray:t3::dash:

3 Likes

Even tho she is still beautiful :star_struck: maybe :thinking: soon :soon: enough my gd brotha :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

My thought is this…

Auto plants years back were weak in thc etc. Breeders are breeding auto’s with other pheno types to make a better auto. In this case I believe the seed is taking after the photo pheno it was crossed with my guess is this is a F1 breeding making it not as stable. As a f2 breeding would be. This is my best guess at this time

8 Likes

Plant looks great no issues there just not working out as planned

3 Likes

Also if the plant continues like this it’s going to get the biggest haircut. I will remove close to 50%. It’s taking everything I have not to do it already

6 Likes

I believe u from how u an @Todd.grobo we’re telling me to attack mine I can only imagine :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes

Good to know power! Thanks on info… still a possibility she may be a late bloomer? looks great!

4 Likes

It will bloom just no idea when at this point…

5 Likes

Have never seen these before @Mpower11 TBH ive been eating them…

First time any squash vegetables has made it this far. Figured i found the better spot to plant.

6 Likes

Todd they look great!! Your squash plants look better than mine right now. My garden is 100% full sun which isn’t always ideal for all crops but what can you do.

I’m going to have to get some updated pictures soon. We harvest about 8 pounds of beans this week.

6 Likes

Nice do you can them mark? Or freeze dry stuff? We eat as much as possible. Just thinned out the beets today so good. Too bad were not closer, get @GroboJulia involved and we could gwve a whole farmers market covering all and every plant.

4 Likes

I’ve seen some awesome auto grows here! Your auto plant looks like a beast!

5 Likes

We flash freeze what we can’t eat or I have a All American canner to Jar… I wish we were closer

6 Likes