Veg Garden 2021

@Todd.grobo whats your thoughts on this one

Auto little had so many big fan leafs so I pulled them. I know you shouldn’t with auto but plant is strong I think it was the right move. We will see

Before

Removed

After

6 Likes

I am all for plant harm in the name of growth!!! Hehe. Give her another tea soon?

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo I’m with you I think the harm will reward at the end of the day.

Plant is getting big no signs of transition to flower yet maybe it’s because of the big pot? I read the bigger the pot longer before they switch once they get root bound still flip to transition. We will see

I normally don’t grow auto’s

I just top dressed the other day

10 tablespoons worm cast
10 tablespoons 4-4-4

The plants overall are a bit hungry. I’m going to give it a least 10 days then I will do a weak tea. I’m more after the bacteria and fungus vs nutrition with the next tea

4 Likes

I have never grown autos so very curious how she goes. However being outside she cant get any better than that.

How long between waterings on the 10 gal

3 Likes

It’s really 12 gallon air pot…

Needs water about every 3 days at the size the plant is now… I think the wind dry’s it out faster than if it was inside

3 Likes

Looks like it’s time to make some zucchini bread.

Tiny Tim’s are starting to come on

5 Likes

I am in constant Awe of how much produce your getting already!

Amazing!

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo update photo shoot coming your way tomorrow

3 Likes

Ill post some too its a day off

3 Likes

Updated photo’s from the garden… Need to get some weeding done tonight…

Tomatoes

Tomatillo

Peppers

Herb Bed / Lettus

Planted Lavender in the middle of the garden to aid in keeping bugs away

Raspberry’s

Pea’s

Potato’s

Beans

Kale

Cabbage

Carrots (Planted late see what happens)

Onions and Zucchini

Just some pictures…

Little Auto

A little nature

I just noticed I missed the cukes / broccoli and celery…

9 Likes

A little heat damage on the tomatoes ? Crazy! Your so far ahead, the raspberries like BOOMED, but no fruit yet. Just flowered.

Did you grow the fennel from seed?
The auto is looking good hey. Even bigger than Drews balcony ones!

4 Likes

I think it’s time you move to Ontario… Come to Grobo Headquarters…Haha it’s only about 2.5 hour drive from me :crazy_face:

Yes it’s been over 90 the last week over 100 with humility… Also soil is missing Calcium.

Tonight I’m going to top dressing a combo of

Gypsum
Oyster Shell Flour
Rock Dust Blend
Basalt Rock Dust

Plus I’m going to feed OMRI Listed Cal/Mag to get levels back faster…

The Whole garden I just top dress on the weekend… A combo of All purpose and Bloom I put down 40 L of worm Cast and 20 lb if the All Purpose and Bloom… Everything is hungry…

Fennel Seeds

Ya auto just keeps growing… I think I can see the start of Transition happening… I like the way plant looks like those big fan leafs gone… I think I’m going to remove 4 to 6 more

5 Likes

Also all plants I grow are open pollinated seeds this way I can collect seeds every year

2 Likes

Came home for lunch today.

Looks like we having beans and kale chips tonight

Here is the total harvest for today

7 Likes

My dad has the same issue with beetles. He carries around a shop vac and sucks them off his plants.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip I have been hand picking them off… Around 75 a day… We have been keeping them at bay but they are a tough bug… about 5 more weeks to go :sleepy:

Not sure if your Dad know this but tell him not to squish them at all… When you do that it give off a pheromone smell that attracts more of them to come…

6 Likes

Oh he knows and won’t kill anything. He vacuums them up and brings the shop vac to work and let’s them out there.

5 Likes

I release after they are dead. Lol

Drown them and soapy water

3 Likes

Going to replant some stuff again for a 2nd harvest

6 Likes

How many can u get in on one :point_up:t4:Season :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes