Veg Garden 2021

Nice garlic. Cant get it to grow myself. Have the rest. Currants really fill out large dont place near other plants. Blueberries and strawberries will start to spread like the raspberries. Hope you like fruit all over your garden hahahha. I finally have asparagus after years pf getting it to try and take. I dont even make it with it into the house to it.

Looks awesome man. Super jelly of your climate

7 Likes

I was fighting that last year… This year the whole bed will be strawberry and raspberries contained to that area… We even had to transplant strawberry around the bed to get them back in control last fall…

It took my asparagus crowns about 3 seasons to really produce like crazy… I’m thinking about moving the crown to a different location in the garden… I hate the foliage and berries being so tall at the location it’s at in the bed all summer…

6 Likes

Asparagus takes 3 years to crop on planting. You might be eating by year 2 but usually long and skinny. Year 3 is fat and full of colour.
If you have wood chips they are the best mulch for the top of your raspberries. Keeps em in line a little better too. Considered a lemon or avocado tree?

6 Likes

I have heard that about raspberries but I haven’t tried it before.

I would love to grow avocados… I would in a heart beat if I could but Lemons and avocado’s are not in my Zone. A few years back I bought plants from outside inside in the fall and I promised myself I would never do that again because of bugs…

When I get home I will take a picture of my starter plants for the garden… Grown with 100% Gaia green

6 Likes

Yeah. Our zones changed since i was a kid and we can grow more here now but our cold winters can essentially kill it all. If i was rich 30 to 40% of my property would be greenhouse in the sun.
Looking forward to the photos.

6 Likes

Here they are!! The balance of the garden will be direct sow

10 Likes

Love it! Some good food in there. Hide some leafy bushes in the mix!

5 Likes

Transplanting a few right now. I think you can appreciate this also.

7 Likes

50 to 70 for that little bag. Need to go into business making that hey hehehe

6 Likes

Lol ya you many find a auto or 2 somewhere!!

4 Likes

All this stuff is a printing press!!

5 Likes

Dude extremely nice :+1:t2: setup bro all around ur castle :european_castle: in an out I’m so jelly man congrats :champagne: that is beautiful :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

5 Likes

You guys make a great team

3 Likes

Getting ready to make the transition from inside to outside

7 Likes

Roflmao i wish. Plus 10c mostly all week but snow last week
So many late snow delays lol. At least were getting rain

3 Likes

This was Monday (frost) but after tonight I’m think my nights are safe to plant. But I’m going to be a bit getting them used to natural sunlight and wind

3 Likes

Yeah thats every morning still. So weird we can hit plus 20c day hi and freeze overnight
You have any issues with animals ot rodents in your garden

2 Likes

I have a mini fence that I need to put back up… With that up I haven’t had a problem besides birds sometimes peck at my fruit

3 Likes

@Todd.grobo it’s kind of funny you said that today

4 Likes

Nice. So close to a park myself not much we can do. I try to keep em all occupied elsewhere lol.

Never ending amount of these roflmao

6 Likes