Utopía Haze - Flower 9/68

Hello growers,
Just wanted to show off my baby.
Please feel free to comment…this is my first growth after all.

4 Likes

Looks good. Trim off all lraves below the 2nd fan give her a water change and add a week. Shes looking great but time for a haircut

3 Likes

Hello and thanks for that. When you say the leaves, you mean all except the ones where buds are growing?

Thx

1 Like

What @Todd.grobo said. You only have a short window to defoliate before it’s too late to do so. Check out the following links:

You don’t want to trim more than 20% of plant material in a single trimming session and you’ll want to leave about a week recovery time in between each session. I think you can get her lollipoped in 2 sessions and luckily she will continue to produce leaves until about the 3rd week of flower (you want to prune as little as possible after week three, only removing leaves that are blocking bud sites and only after trying to tuck them away instead of trimming them off).

Remember this is your grow so do with it as you truly wish. If it were me, I would do the following:

Trim all leaves (leave bud sites and be careful not to disturb them) from the bottom up leaving only a little more than 1 foot of canopy at the top. I would do this in 2 sessions. Halfway from the bottom up in the first then conduct an immediate water change giving her a fresh dose of nutrients, let her recover for a week and follow up with your second trimming session where you will finish the lollipoping job and again immediately follow with a water change for fresh nutrients (note: if you have a water change already scheduled within the next couple of days you can coincide your pruning with that to save nutrients). From there as I stated earlier you will want to use your best efforts to keep light on all of your bud sites by tucking leaves and trimming only those that can’t be tucked very sparingly. Use your best judgment and do what feels right to you!

7 Likes

This is extremely useful thank you

2 Likes

Morning! Did her first haircut today. What do you guys think @SWSVIC @Todd.grobo?

Uploading: 395FE9B4-1933-4B30-B68E-C34B721E0C23.jpeg…

2 Likes

Bold! Looks great. @Todd.grobo @chris_barfield @Osage @Bplatinum9 since those small lower branches aren’t going to receive light and therefore will only be wasted energy on larfy buds, should @Luandri just remove them completely?

4 Likes

I would!!! Focus on the top main buds! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Yup what @SWSVIC said. Chop off the skinny branches

2 Likes

About the skinny branches, it’s ok they chop them off even though they have buds growing on them?
Thanks you all!!

1 Like

Yes. Those branches wont make it high enough to form solid buds. Instead youll get larf or popcorn buds

3 Likes

when i cut branches i usually dab with fresh cut aloe to heal it fast.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Please let me know how this look. I might know the answer already, but wanted to double check if I also need to cut the branch with two buds highlighted in the second picture as well as the small branch with bud growing along one of the main branch shown in the last picture.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Yes to both

1 Like

Yes he should

1 Like