Turning on the Grobo again 😁-CranecityCannabis

@SWSVIC

Genetics : Breeder: CraneCityCannabis
Variety: Gas As Fuck ( yes that is the name )
Mom: FAF (F1) Fire as Fuck
Dad : FAF (F1)
FAF: (Gelato x Jet Fuel Gelato )x Fake as Fuck
I apologize for the bad words, but this is literally the name of the seeds!! lol

^ I remembered reading this earlier in the post, that’s all haha.

3 Likes

@SWSVIC follow cranecannabis on IG and when they do their drops. His line sells out within minutes. He made jet fuel gelato and gave those seeds to Wyeast and compound genetics to make their jet fuel gelato line that was insanely popular.

I’ve followed them, very familiar with the breeder just not the specifics of their genetics.

1 Like

Par at canopy -190
Temp Rez- initial 70f
EC - 1.4(1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap EC of 0.3)
PH 5.7
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-3.6 g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2.4 g/g
Epsom Salt - 1.2g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Hydroguard will be added 2 days
Tribus -0.5ml/G

My Thoughts this week: I did some minor pruning 2-3 days ago. I’ll take a little more in a couple days. Nice air flow throughout the canopy. Might have been a minor lockout the last couple of days with PH getting up to 6.5. EC was trending up, Rez falling , and with Ph going up which was nice to see. I think she likes her PH around 5.5 to 6.0. Big thoughts this week… this is day 20 and I don’t see any pistols. It’s insane to me. The only thing I can think of why this is happening is that Grobo light is not strong enough at this distance to initiate flower. I could totally be wrong but I never seen strains close to their 3rd week and not show signs of budding. Par level at canopy is barely 200 which is really disappointing. Grobo LED :pensive:

7 Likes

Outstanding :sunglasses:

1 Like

Par at canopy -1200 :joy::joy:
Temp Rez- initial 70f
EC - 1.4(1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap EC of 0.3)
PH 6.2
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-3.6 g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2.4 g/g
Epsom Salt - 1.2g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

Whoa it has been a while since I updated this grow. So I finally figured out why it took sooo long to initiate flowering. The Grobo LED is weak as shit. I can see why they recommended to vegetate your plants pass the 2nd fan since the light intensity is not strong enough to flower anything below it. The good new is I found a grow light that fits exactly the dimension of the Grobo. HLG 100!!! I’m soooo happy ! At 10 inches the canopy par level was at 1200. That’s overkill but rather have that than 300. So offf we goo!! So besides the water change and fans! The Grobo is all selfed controlled now! :comet:

8 Likes

The cord kinda thick how’d u close the door?

1 Like

Nice some fireworks! I am having that slow budding issue as well, good to know to keep veg higher unless its tall strains I’m guessing.

I was also concerned about how weak the light was and was thinking of adding some additional supplemental lighting but I decided to just upgrade to a tent LOL. Guess this journey is leading me down many different paths :laughing:

Thats awesome that you found a HLG that fits the grobo!

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing :slight_smile: How cord fit!?

@Jamminbear I understand the Grobo light isn’t super super strong, but I’ve seen some really nice plants with large flowers. If you look at “Flower Day 47” on AllGrowers in the search bar you’ll see many plants that have FAT large colas at 47 days into flower with very developed buds… Maybe it was an issue with your LED? Or… it was genetics or some kind of slowed growth.

Aren’t you a little concerned you’re gonna burn your plant at all? It’s just starting buds so you’re looking at another month of flower probably with a super hot light on them the whole time.

I’m interested to see if the light gets more love to the lower stuff, but at the same time I don’t think it’s good practice in growing to let your plant focus energy on the lower stuff anyway. There’s no room to train horizontally in the Grobo so the main light from the LED needs to go up top anyway due to the way the unit works, its basically a little box that plant is confined to.

A grow tent you can train horizontally and then let the plant go vertical, but your bud mass is always going to be the top colas, and I speak from experience working in the MMJ field on grows with thousands of plants a month… Picture it kinda like hundreds of Grobo-sized spaced plants (give or take some inches of horizontal space), the good buds are always up top towards the light, lower stuff is always lower quality, and we have some state of the art and very very expensive grow lights. Most indoor grows with massive colas are very strong plants that have the room and space to spread out and get stronger horizontally to support bigger buds up top, in turn they also allow much more light to penetrate all sides of the colas as well as the lower bud sites. The Grobo just doesn’t allow it past a certain point unfortunately.

I mean props tho I am gonna take note that this light fits in the Grobo for future reference just to have up there in my head :smiley:

Anyway, I mean no offense I just read about how you think the Grobo LED is too weak to induce flowering but at 47 days into flower some people have very very mature cannabis plants in the Grobo

Overall though, your plant looks nice and I’m excited to see how she matures…Nice job defoliating and opening those bud sites, as well as the lollipopping. I think it’s a pretty sick strain choice honestly and I’m interested to see the results… got some good breeders there.

4 Likes

@pyromancy @Vicc @Farmercuetical I have seen mutiple grows on the forum with nice buds and your right there could also be an issue with my LED light from Grobo. par strength is way too weak for flowering. At day 47 - (speaking from my tent and outdoor grow specifically) the bud development is way behind. I’m hoping it’s not an issue with LED because that would just add to my list of things that have already malfunction with this machine. I agree with your assessment that the light is way too strong for the top buds. I normally like flowering between 500-900 par at the top of the canopy. 1200 from what I’m measuring is way over kill. lol. This grow for me is an experiment to test what really works. I have a 4x4, 2x4, and outdoor grow going so this is pure experimental purposes. I did switch the lighting to 11 on and 13 off to prevent light burn which I’m expecting. Leaf temp is averaging 85 which is slightly higher than I like as well. From my experience the lower bud is trash which I agree with u but the middle buds/ shoulder buds are slightly better imho vs the top buds that gets splattered with light too much. This HLG 100 is sooo much better than the stock Grobo led. I can’t wait to finish this grow and start another one that won’t be to close to the lights and get better Par reading at canopy.

• there is an inch gap once u close the door allowing the cord to push in slightly. The cord snakes through the carbon filter and out of the top of the Grobo. I gotta find a better way for cable management in future but so far I’m loving this light. HLg makes some awesome lights as I’m running their Rspecs and 550 v2.
7 Likes

cant you just block out a few led diodes with some electric tape to lower the par level if there isnt a dimmer or a driver to lower it?

2 Likes

I think it’s more about the genetics than the light, in general. Some varieties just require less light to grow.

It’d probably be good to figure out which require more light and try to avoid them if that’s what happens.

Have seen plenty of grows that flower below the 2nd fan (and the 1st), but plenty of others that just don’t until they near or pass it. It’s mostly been autos that I’ve noticed stay short but some photos too.

@Jamminbear I just hit 2 weeks in flower on mine (same strain in 2 units, one with new light) with no pistils though I see the area they’ll come from starting to bulge like a calyx is coming. Didn’t seem to do that until they got closer to the 2nd fan, I started flower way down at the first fan. So same thing pretty much. Check out this fluffhead grow though, it’s flowering around the first fan.
:man_shrugging: :dna: :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Yeah could be dependent on genetics, but after 10 years of growing, I have never seen current and modern varieties not show sign of flowering until day 30. There is something wrong with my light or the day I inititiated flowering from veg was inadequate in height. Like I said par level was at 150-200 which definitely confirms to me that plant did not have enough photon to trigger postal formation.

4 Likes

Par at canopy -1200 :joy::joy:
Temp Rez- initial 70f
EC - 1.5(1/2 distilled and 1/2 tap EC of 0.3)
PH 6.0-7
Power Si Bloom 1ml/G

Bloom ratios-
Jacks (5-12-26)A-3.6 g/g
Jacks (15-0-0)B 2.4 g/g
Epsom Salt - 1.2g/g
UcRoots- 2.5ml/G
Fulvic Acid -5ml/G
Tribus -0.5ml/G

The photos were taken a few days ago. Gawd I wish bought this light sooner. Definitely learn a lot about light management this run. Grobo lwd can definitively flower but u gotta make sure your canopy is within its distance to initiate flowering or else it’s going to take forever. This HLG 100 is a beast!!

10 Likes

Total day 130…after switching to the HLG it was smooth sailing from there. I’ll do a full write up soon. The bottom 2 were tester nugs pulled a week before. Cranecitygenetics is legit.

13 Likes

Awesome! Those nugs looks super tasty. That HLG is a beast and I am considering getting one for the grobo myself (thanks to you). Can I suggest tossing in a green co2 pad for your next grow you run with your HLG, this will allow your plant to get more out of your upgraded light. It seems with your higher environment temps (80f) and extra light, you would have the perfect conditions to add a CO2 pad and its inexpensive and the added co2 can probably take the grow to the next level.

I just recently got a co2 sensor discovered how bad the co2 flow in the grobo is (I also learned that your plant stops growing when co2 levels are 200 ppm and below) so these pads would help tremendously especially with a beast of a light like your hlg and I would love to see how much more yield you’ll get with it.

This is the co2 pad I’m talking about.
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Pad-Co2-Generator-Pack/dp/B08HQ6NNZD?th=1

2 Likes

Congrats! Looks tasty!

1 Like

How long are those CO2 pads lasting per pad for you?

Sick stuff man! Those buds look awesome :slight_smile: tiny bit of purple in there… did you lower temps during flush to try to bring those out?

1 Like

I dont use the CO2 pads (I make my own CO2 brew, mushroom exhale bag and a DIY CO2 tank) but from what I read from the users is that they cut pieces of it and place it in their grow area and replace them for about a week or 2. I will be using the green pad along with a brew with my next grobo run.

There are only a few phases where you would want the CO2 bosst anyways which is during Veg, Early, and Mid Bloom. The rest, just make sure you have 400 or more co2 ppm is sufficient (same co2 as outdoors).

1 Like