Trim Tray

What trim tray is the community using for their harvest? @Azuri @chris_barfield @SilverGrobo @Stephen anyone else?

2 Likes

Oh good I want to know too. I badly need one for my next grow.

3 Likes

Hey @alucard

I haven’t got one yet. I had an old piece of kitchen shelf that had has like a non stick surface worked pretty good. @Stephen has linked one in the past seems pretty awesome.

1 Like

@alucard,

@fuz picked this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ4XBEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:wink:

6 Likes

I’ve always just spread a trash bag across my counter and clipped away.

2 Likes

Thing is, with a trim tray, you can collect the keif left behind after you’ve trimmed. Doing it on a bag or something like that, you lose the keif. It’s worth the investment. :+1::v:

8 Likes

lol @SterlingNico I’m even fancier I used parchment paper :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My god… Why are trim trays so expensive…

That one that silvergrobo posted was 60 something American and it’s 99$ cdn. Some are in the 200’s. Is there a better place to get them or is that the going price for a screen and some plastic… I feel like MacGyver-ing one together if that’s the case…lol

3 Likes

I used to use a simple household window screen over my large glass coffee table top. Worked great. Just used a razor blade to collect the keif.

2 Likes

Yeah I figure that’s what I’ll do. I don’t need a 200 micron screen on some plastic that’s going to cost 200+. I saw 60 at first but I should have known it was in USD lol.

1 Like

I hear you @Russel_Richardson

It’s the reason I didn’t buy one. I totally get the Kief thing but on my last grow i do all my trimming while still wet. I’m not sure I’m really loosing a lot. Now when the weed has been dried I have Keif collectection in my weed grinder. I can’t see the cost vs return on the fancy trays.

You’re a fellow Cannuk, go to Dollarama they got great perfect sized trays, pick one up and incorperate the screen @Osage spoke of. Any hardware store sells bug screen should be perfect.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking of that actually. Gonna hit up Dollarama on my way homeđź‘Ś

1 Like

I’m gonna start a topic on DIY fixes. Post what you make and what it does, how it helps, and how much it cost compared to a bought product.

5 Likes

Good call @Osage

1 Like

Topic has been started​:+1::v::joy::joy::joy::seedling::seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

What about using stainless steel would that pose a problem?

Steam Table Pan

Pan, Steam Table, Full-Size, 20.75 x 12.75 Inch, 13 Quart, 4 Inch Deep, Stainless Steel
$37.49
ITEM CODE: 366770
Gordon Food Services

2 Likes

Be fine if you use a micro screen. Better yet but a nice square mirror at a thrift store with a window screen, and there you have it for a fraction of the cost :+1::v::joy: that’s what I do

2 Likes

What exactly is the function of a screen? Can’t you just harvest in the stainless steel then scrape the droppings together afterwards? (Not a smoker) or does it have more to do with the buds touching the pan? @Osage I’m getting ready to be professional by listening to your great advice!

3 Likes

The screen lets the trichomes pass through without a lot of plant mater being mixed with it. It’s just a way to collect more of what you grow for that may potentially be thrown away during harvest. Finger hash and oils could be made from what passes through the screen.

4 Likes

:ok_hand::pray::bulb:appreciate you! @coffindancer

1 Like