Trim time?

Day 4 of flowering. I did some extensive trimming last week but I think I need more. Canopy on top is completely blocking light below… you can see from a close up photo i trimmed a fan leaf but it’s little site above the fan is now a new fan…

Sorry this is my first grown and she is looking healthy. I just think I’m missing something.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

Looks good. Every stem leaf and branch on the lower half should come off. Good job so far

6 Likes

Should I see bud sites on day 6 of flowering?

1 Like

no not normally

usually around week 2 or 31

2 Likes

Thanks Todd!

1 Like

Definitely needs a good trimming. It was weird for me at first, but on my second grow i e learned that I didn’t trim enough on my first grow. My current grow is going swimmingly with less leaves and I even added a fan which is helping quite a bit. Good luck.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, day 17 of flowering here. I’m a bit worried about the height. Also I see some long white hairs which I believe to be bud sites developing. I guess I thought the sites would be bigger by the time we are this close to the light.

Thoughts on how to handle this? I’m thinking about giving her a good trim and then maybe trying to supercrop her by bending some of these shoots down and around?

2 Likes

Additionally it looks like I didn’t trim this branch in the back. Should I trim it off?

3 Likes

Yes to that branch.
Do a major trim and thin her out. Looks great so far.
Buds take a solid month before you see anything. My buds in my blueberry thread are coming up on week 5 as an ex

2 Likes

So I might have snapped a branch or two while trying to supercrop her… I also trimmed a bunch… hoping she is okay.

1 Like

Hey everyone, day 63 (27 of flowering). Definitely seeing some bud sites now! Yay. My only problem is stretching. I did the twist (where is breaks the inside stem to super crop as a test. The stem seems to be doing really well (pic 1 & 2). My question is, do I try the same (on the tallest stems) to try and get some hight control this late into flowering?

1 Like