Transition or not?

haha yeah, I meant “something like” – there are some for < $1000 that’s just the awesome one that will give you N samples per sec granularity etc

1 Like

Thank you, watched the first 15 mins. Really solid information, will finish tomorrow.

That’s a fiery link! Lots of great intel on lighting and Grobo policy.

1 Like

@vegetato Thats pretty expensive? Probably out of the range for most home growers. I also dont believe the grobo Led lighting produces UV and infrared? If there were , there should be multiple warning regarding clothing and eye protection? I recommend a 18-22 inch clearance for most people to avoid the light bleaching specifically and yes avoiding the heat production. Airflow seems to be effected as well with where the 2 fans are place if they are that close IMO. PPFD that is over 1000 is wasted since your plants can not photosynthesis without CO2 supplementation. I am not sure how the Grobo can tune their light according to the Cultivar since each seed is independent of one another with major variations. I am in the camp that recipes are a joke. lol. It cause the grower to doubt or speed up the vegetative process or discontinue the flowering phase without actually observing the plant specifically. They can change the intensity but to produce more blue or red light in the visible spectrum is unheard from my research beside actually physically adding diodes that contain more blue or red light. I would disagree with the Grobo being well tuned as the vegetative phase seems to produce very tight internodal spacing (too much blue light) while the flowering phase produces way to much stretch (not enough far Red light) and effecting bud development. Far-red: The Forgotten Photons - YouTube. A really good video on the effects of Red light specifically in the 660 range.

1 Like

Not sure about UV or infrared but it does have independent control over several parts of spectrum. I got to replace one of my lights and peeked at it, there’s quite a few diodes and a handful of them were “interesting” to say the least. I saw some that appeared to be far red but really not sure about the UV/IR.

When it starts up you can see it cycle between the colors, so they can be controlled independently. When I said dynamic I meant in intensity, though by turning certain ones on/off (or using the “interesting” ones) I think that you might be surprised.

With respect to stretching/etc I’ve seen both so far (great and stretches) so I do believe genetics and environment play a role so that some factors can’t simply be discounted or attributed to the box design alone.

1 Like

Chris the guy who works for Grobo, his account is suspended but he posted this in that thread to Chris barfield.
" answer your question you want 400~800 PPFD seen at the top of your plant for the seedling stage, 800~1000 PPFD for veg, and about 1000 PPFD for flower. This is a rule of thumb and quality of light affects these values. PPFD is a flat range from 400nm~700nm. This means you could theoretically have a blue light giving you 1000 PPFD, but that wouldn’t be good for your plant at all"

800 PPFD for seedling and 800 to 1000 for PPFD?? I would love to know where he got those numbers. Base from experience and other growers… That is extremely high IMO

2 Likes

Early veg phase according to the recipe - roughly 100 par which for seedlings I do agree with.

3 Likes