Transition auto from early veg to transition?

Any tips or signs to look for? I let it ride but I’m wondering if it was too early

Have Girl Scout auto extreme in right now

4 Likes

What day are you on?

1 Like

That usually helps

3 Likes

I think you should transition back to early veg.

6 Likes

Agreed. Also, I would sanitize the reservoir plate to keep it clean. Just to be safe. Your plant is still juvenile

4 Likes

@Bplatinum9 @Todd.grobo @SWSVIC @miami5th @vicc

Anyone run an auto? Just extended early veg a could days before transition

Conditions are roughly 68% degrees inside, 30-40% humidity. Water temp right around high 60’s. Water change is closer to 50 degree entry since unit is in basement, but have outside seedling warmers to bring it up to 65+ degrees. Anyone Have their unit in basement or garage that deals with cold temps?

Girl Scout cookie auto extreme from ILGM

Will trade seeds for info, just ask @Todd.grobo :slight_smile:

Love y’all

4 Likes

No autos myself, trying to stay away myself but someone who was running in garage had to put it in a tent, does that count?

2 Likes

Like clean the top the of the reservoir tank? Those brown streaks?

1 Like

Thank you! I kicked back to early
Veg. Any sign of when to move to transition? Sorry, first auto

2 Likes

I wouldn’t transition until bud sites start forming. Auto’s go on their own time - you can give any light schedule you’d like, Most either run the lights 24/0 or 18/6 thru the entire grow cycle.

What you’re going to want to control is the water level and nute strength based on your root volume. What do your roots look like?

Here are my autos:

6 Likes

Thanks! I reverted back to veg for a couple days. Is there a height to transition or just watch for bud sites? First auto and don’t want it poking through the roof!

Thanks again

2 Likes

Roots look normal for 3 weeks in. Really starting to notice growth now

1 Like

Bud sites are what you’ll watch for to let you know when to transition to flower.

There are some good low stress training methods to keep the height under control.

2 Likes

Many thanks! Greatly appreciated.

So maybe in a week so start the low
Less straining to spread out the light. No trimming autos right?

2 Likes

It really depends on the genetics. You can see what I’ve done to keep this girl under control. I ‘accidentally’ topped her and she recovered pretty quickly. I’ve also gone some serious defoliation to uncover bud sites. The rule of thumb is that autos are much more sensitive, but, again, it depends on the genetics.

7 Likes

@Smudgefam - Hey! I agree with the advice to stay in early veg for now. The plant is quite small and could benefit from filling to just the medium water line (To help avoid damping off).

I wouldn’t do any trimming of leaves until she is much more established. Keep checking in with us here on the forum and posting pics!

Your environmental conditions are ok. I have been growing in the upper 60sF with water temps in the mid to lower 60s. With it being winter I rarely get into the mid 70s but the plants are growing fine.

4 Likes

Yeah I’d ckean the brown streaks. It could cause slow growth and other problems down the line

1 Like

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/extending-early-vegetation-in-autos/5215/2

4 Likes

Extended early veg and she’s looking good!

5 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like