Time to Harvest, but my WiFi is out!

Hi all!

The day is upon us. I’m in the middle of my “flush” stage. (Day 5 of 10) to be exact. But, of course… my wifi went out this morning. I talked to my provider and it won’t be up until Dec 1st at the earliest.

I know the Grobo has a drying mode, but I don’t think I can turn that on until I get my WiFi back in order right?

Should I wait out a few days for my WiFi to come back, or should I just go ahead and harvest now and start drying the old fashioned way? I think my plant looking pretty good so far, so I’m not certain what the best way to proceed is.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Oh. Also tagging @Stephen because he’s my friend and knows everything! :smile:

2 Likes

Personally I would dry the old way if you’ve lost internet until Dec 1st. Gives you the opportunity to clean up and get the grobo ready for your next grow. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I was thinking… I suppose I’ll give it a day or so to decide… but I got my pruning shears ready for some snip snip!

2 Likes

Oh snap! Right when you are at the finish line eh? So with 5 days left in flush, you should come back online with 1 day left before the recipe officially ends? You could then use the dry mode right? Without being online, you can’t select a new recipe. (Dry mode) Thoughts…

1. You could use your cell phone as a hot spot to get the unit online temporarily to terminate your current grow and start dry mode recipe.

2. You could stay the course and wait to reconnect in 4 days, finish up and switch over to dry mode.

3. Snip, snip now and dry conventionally. (Hang to dry in dark well ventilated room)

Entirely up to you my friend! I know this is the hardest part of the grow to wait and little things like this can certainly tip the scales and make a grower pull her down early. How are the buds looking?

Stephen

1 Like

Buds look pretty good, but I think I can go a day or so before having to harvest. Maybe my internet will magically turn back on! I also didn’t think about using my phone as a hot spot… I think that will be my fix for the time being.

Thanks!

3 Likes

My pleasure, shoot us some pics if you have the bandwidth.

2 Likes

So, looks like my aerator isn’t… aerating. I’m assuming because of my lost connection? Either way… I’m going to go ahead and bite the bullet and harvest. I don’t want to risk losing my plant this late in the game. So… yay! HARVEST DAY!

3 Likes

1 Like

Well. Here is!

My first grow. Not the best. But not the worst considering I didn’t do any trimming and had the wrong grow recipe going for a week or two!

I’ve got the big buds hanging in my Grobo with the lower fan running. I know it’s not in the drying recipe… but I figure having the fans on would help circulate the air. The rest of my clippings I threw in a brown bag and will make some canna butter with them tomorrow when’s i get home from work.

Pretty happy with everything overall. Can def see where I can improve with trimming and cropping and all. Will do that on my second grow… just gotta decide what seed I want to use next! I’m thinking a Northern Lights will grow well.

5 Likes

Def would be happy with that esp if the plant did it all on its own!

Did you get to weigh it? Just curious

1 Like

I did not. I meant too. But totally forgot. And I already used the trims to make some cannabutter. I’ll wait what Inhave left though after the drying period

Hope your butter turned out well

1 Like

It looks pretty dank! We’ll see once I bake some cookies.

2 Likes

I love making cookies with cannabutter. I never smoke I just vape with my volcano/pax/magic flight launch box.

What I do is save all my vaped weed and use that to make the butter. It surprisingly works really well and the product gets used twice so more bang for your buck :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: good thing to know is I vape at lower temps(370-380F). If you’re vaping at much higher temperatures I would expect a much lower potency cannabutter.

2 Likes

I totally did the same method and found that it worked great also! I’m excited to try my new butter now though: it’s the first time I used trimmings so we’ll see how it turns out. I might throw on my baking apron today.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to try butter made from trimmings too :smiley:

2 Likes

So, finally dried and weighed my batch! Came out to about 20 grams. So about 3/4 an ounce of smokable bud. Not the largest haul… but very respectable when I take into consideration that I used a lot of popcorn buds and stems/leaves to make a large batch of cannabutter.

Also, I tested some… (not sure if that’s wise right away… but I did it anyway!). And good lord… it is potent as a mofo!

Overall, pretty happy with my first grow!! Especially when I did little to no trimming or cropping, and the fact that I was using a recipe for a different strain. This little jar will probably last me at least half way through my next grow!

7 Likes

That’s not too bad! Pretty much just under mine. And same thing with all the popcorn etc, I made canna oil out of it and then made a salve. Think I probably would have had a higher weight for sure. What are you growing for round two @SterlingNico ?

1 Like