Thoughts opinions on best led grow lights?

Ok I’ll bite. I’m in the U.S. so brands might be unfamiliar. I have had amazing success with mars hydro, and I love advanced platinum led. Both are great companies with great products and service. I’ve also bought many different types of other Chinese led’s (mars hydro is a Chinese company who know their shit though) and have found most of them lacking. But yeah those are my pics. Also 200watt ufo light I posted on the forum!!!

6 Likes

Thanks for the link @Osage :+1:

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more American growers then any other nation on here just based on population numbers. Anywhoo yup we can get them here first place I checked had them but I bet they cost a lot more then you pay. I can buy straight from the manufacture too.

3 Likes

A friend has the migros and he’s producing a full
Pond in a 2x2 with clones with just one migro … I’ve seen mars before but I didn’t know if they were good or not based on price of the unit to the ones people think are more reputable

2 Likes

Hey @chris_barfield,

The only experience I have with LED grow lights (outside of the one in the Grobo Ones) is the Kind LED, but that was all information that was passed on to me from @Stephen. I’ll leave him to comment on his experience with LED grow lights

Regards,

Chris.

2 Likes

I’ve been spoiled with a well designed 8 spectrum LED that is close to my heart that I’ve been playing with for a couple years now @Chris. I’m supper happy with that one in our small space. If I was going to run a 4x4 tent, I’d stuff this inside.

6 Likes

@Stephen how does the kind led stand up to the migro600 ? I see a 1900 price tag yikes for one light :money_mouth_face: migro600 you get 6 lights equaling that light but it offers the option to separate as many lights as you want for truly custom setup …

2 Likes

@chris_barfield,

Does this help?.. :thinking:

2 Likes

Just wrote this guide:

Might be helpful to you?

1 Like

@Ivan,

Welcome… I’m sorry I don’t see your guide?.. :thinking:

5 Likes

Im confused about the lights. Why do u need a 300w for veg and 600w for flower. Could you just start with 600 and stay with 600?

4 Likes

You can start with whatever … but the intensity of light needed during veg is not as intense as what’s needed for flower … that’s why some people veg under t5 lights then switch to powerful flower lights

5 Likes

Not :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

Such a waste of money. Go with two mars sp 250 for your 4x4 and you’ll save a ton. These lights are far better than anything I’ve come across thus far. I can’t wait to get my second one

4 Likes

Excelvan 1200 with veg and bloom switch for under $200 these lights produce the same yield as my Mars did this is a solid well built product with quality. Specs give you actual watts just started making my own 100w cobs

5 Likes

@Nicholas_Zohl,

((#Welcome))

:wave::wink:

2 Likes

I’m using Mars 300W for my first grow.
I’ve decided to go for it after reading this guide. Feel free to check it out if you want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Eddy,

@Ivan,

Sorry, but I don’t see a “guide to check out on your post”?: :question::grey_question:

--

:thinking:

((#** CuriouserandCuriouser**)): :wink:

--

4 Likes

I’m a Growers Choice LED EC-RIO 720 guy… They are some of the best. I have a 660 and a 420 too.
Growers Choice lighting .com…

1 Like

I feel ya… I’m scared to buy cheap and it be shit… You never know