The New Grobo Start

Got mine setup today. I’m still several months away from needing to start cannabis(my two Grobos are both in late veg stage).

In the meantime thought I would try some Kale, & Arugula in it. I have AeroGarden in the mail, so figured between downtime I will use it for non-cannabis.

So far setup was good(the plastic tape did not come off well was only downside, I had to use rubbing alcohol to get sticky stuff off)

App seems to work for it now as well in latest update.

One feedback item I can think of would be to have the recipe box show more types of herbs and what not that can grow on the starter, since it’s not needed constantly to grow cannabis. I know the recipe for starter means nothing, so this would be simple addition, and then app could show what you are actually growing. I have mine set to baby romaine, but have kale and arugula in it.

14 Likes

Awesome pics @Bplatinum9!

5 Likes

I’m tempted to get an Aerogarden now because of you :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks for the review @Bplatinum9 … just pulled the trigger and got myself the Grobo Start and Adapter Cover… Merry Xmas to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Should save me some time for my next Grobo plant

7 Likes

Congratulations on your purchase!!! :tada:
I’m excited for you! :eyes::seedling:

5 Likes

She is ready to go!!! Thanks Grobo Start!!! :eyes::seedling:

8 Likes

Nice!!! That’s a good head “Start” there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Dumb question here…

But how does this save up to 4 weeks on your grow?

Is it because you can start a new grow, while the current grow is in the harvesting stage? So, you’re effectively overlapping 2 grows?

Or is it because it actually grows faster in the grobo start rather than in the grobo box?

4 Likes

You got it with that one. For instance, before, if you only use the Grobo… you’d have to wait all the way until harvest, cut down, and dry (typically) which takes 3-7 days depending, and then clean out the unit and start a fresh seed that is either just germinated or planted directly into the pod! Saves a lot of time :slight_smile:

However,

Technically, I do believe the Start will germinate and faciliate seedling growth slightly faster, because they include the plastic domes to put over top to keep the humidity very high which in turn should facilitate faster germination/seedling pop! You also can move the light much closer than the Grobo’s LED to provide super warm temps in combination.

6 Likes

thanks @pyromancy

Okay, I’m convinced.

I’m getting one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice! I sent you a msg!

2 Likes

Her first day in the grobo and she is happy and growing!
(Zkittlez Glue)
I used Gorilla Zkittlez/indica recipe because there wasnt one for zkillez glue.

8 Likes

It took nine days but we have a newcomer!
Cilantro…

9 Likes

Awesome review! Does the plant’s stalk look a tad bit lengthy?

5 Likes

For sure! In my prior post I explained how I had to do a bit of surgery on this one because it wasnt firmly rooted in the pod during the sprouting of germination. I stuffed as much of the root as I could see back into the pod successfully but I was a hair off. :eyes::crazy_face::seedling:

4 Likes

Update: cilantro waking up, transfer doing great, lettuce a no show!

10 Likes

Update: Cilantro still growing in the start!

Update: Transplant: Zkittlez Glue using a Gorilla Zkittlez recipe…

11 Likes

8 Likes

Love me some Michael Myers/Austin powers! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

That transition went flawlessly!
How long was your sprout in the Start?

5 Likes