The inter web

Quick question Growers!? Do you need the Internet to start growing in the Grobo? I’m just getting back from vacation and I’m ready to set up my Grobo and get this MFer poppin, but… we are upgrading our internet this week and gotta Cancel our previous internet. So it’s gonna be down for a while? While it’s down is it gonna effect my growing process?

Thanks for your time!

3 Likes

You will need the internet to get the grobo set-up. But after that if the grobo loses wifi/no internet, it will keep the plant alive :). But if you are getting a new internet provider, I’d recommend waiting til you have the new internet so you don’t have to deal with forgetting the old network / swap stuff over.

Hope that makes sense, good luck on your grow! :+1:

3 Likes

@Enron, thank you, and yes it does make sense. You’re awesome!

3 Likes

It’ll keep your plant alive but if you do drain and fills nothing will get dispensed, it won’t regulate your ph etc. No wifi will keep the light schedule and bubbler going but that’s about it

3 Likes

If by down for a while you mean more than a week, your plant will be greatly affected. My first grow, too km and extremely long time, and it rarely dispensed nutes. I realized the wifi was rarely connected. My yield wasn’t great, and the next one has been way better. The nutes are actually dispensing at a somewhat “normal” pace. You want the connection.

3 Likes