Tent GG4 by Expert Seeds (x2) Super Critical Bud CBD in Grobo

Keep in mind, this is all once you learn how the plant reacts. This is why my trim on the slower plant was lighter. Plants are like humans in a sense, some react well with stress, some shut down. When you trim lightly earlier, and top if you do…you can get a good idea how they react :wink:.

5 Likes

Great great anaolgy with the way you worded it really summed it up for me in a lot better sense!

3 Likes

I have my moments lol. I’ve made some past analogies to people that don’t quite mesh, but this one I truly believe in.

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: First grow in Grobo Northern lights (auto)

No hesitation by either after this trim, I think the right one is catching up in strength. Water change this weekend, probably do more of a trim on the right one again Friday to get her how I want her.

7 Likes

Did another trim yesterday and looking today, they haven’t skipped a beat. Just did a water change, EC a little high but I’ll thin that out with some straight distilled water. Decided to do one more week of veg, then go to flower. REALLY want to grow some seeds from @Vicc and I don’t need a big harvest to hold me over so this one will go to flower sooner than originally planned. Might be back on the hunt for a male :grimacing:.

8 Likes

Excited to see you run our gear brother :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Well, 3 more days till the tent goes to flower. I’ll lollipop and trim tomorrow to let them recover before transition. Looking at the leaf structure, I feel like the one on the right is just weak genetics, probably why it was always behind the left one. Gonna flower it anyways and see what happens.

Super Critical CBD is doing just fine. Behind the tent but that’s to be expected. Probably won’t trim again for a bit.

8 Likes

I will keep an eye on your photos as I am right behind you both in the tent and grobo! Good comparison shots for me

5 Likes

So lollipop and trim is done. Went a little heavier than I wanted to on the plant on the right, but she was out of control below the canopy lol. Start transition Saturday or Sunday. My plan is to pick the 5-7 of the tallest and strongest looking branches after the stretch and cut off the rest, while also doing 5-6 nodes per branch that goes to flower. This is an experiment for me so hopefully it works out well :crossed_fingers:t2:. I’ve got a bloom light in as well just waiting for transition.

9 Likes

I believe your going to increase bud size but lose on total weight… But everything should be nice buds no popcorn etc… Can’t wait to see it in action

4 Likes

Looking good. I’m watching now. :star_struck::+1:t2: Curious to see within the center stalk.

3 Likes

I’m good with this! Kinda want to grow just a few MASSIVE colas lol.

4 Likes

Same here… I have no interest in popcorn / #2 buds

4 Likes

Well, did my water change this morning and transition schedule starts tonight. EC 1.5, pH 6.0 at 69F water temp. Red bloom light is on just preparing for the stretch! I will say this is one of the beauties of the tent…being able to raise or lower the light during veg and bloom. Man, I LOVE growing this plant!!!

5 Likes

Are you looking for a picture of where I completely cut the center stalk? @Gunk

2 Likes

Is this a Dwc system kinda like the grobo? @FireGuy

3 Likes

This is RDWC. Basically the same however water is always being recirculated through a chiller/heater. Both plants share the same reservoir. I live in Arizona so I can’t afford the heating and cooling for the water temps to be in a good range house wise.

This is where it started…

5 Likes

So can you do water changes just from the reservoir. And check/ adjust ph and nutrients all from the resvoir since it’s all combined?

3 Likes

Mostly! If is stick with hydro (on the fence about soil), I’m going to rebuild. I can’t do a full change through the res due to the angle from inside to out. Raise interior buckets higher, drain from below to the res. This will allow drainage of 99% of water. All adjustments are done in res outside the tent, as well as ph, EC and temp readings taken from res with an all in one blue labs wall mounted display.

3 Likes