Tent build ((white widow left (harvested), wedding gelato right (harvested))

Thanks @Mpower11, still learning as I go but every grow provides more knowledge of how to grow the best stuff!

4 Likes

You getting there forsure… Your past the hardest part of growing most people are to scared to Trim hard… I see you have that part covered :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, learned that from the last grow. Plus watching others in tents and seeing how bare they are in flowering, I ain’t scared anymore :joy:

5 Likes

One thing i’m learning through this flower growth is that I need to cut down on my colas. I have way too many. The beefiest branches are stacking well however the smaller ones aren’t really stacking. I think my next go around i’ll make sure there are only 8-10 which should help with the stacking. It’s odd that they barely smell…or maybe i’m just used to it by now :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

You are 100% correct the best grow to date I only left 5 colas per branch…

I tried a experiment with my current grow… I didn’t top the plants and I left a lot of colas thinking since I didn’t top maybe the plants can handle more… Today I’m starting week 4 hoping they start to bulk up soon… But they are sticky and smell great already. Just still pretty small the jury is still out on this one

10 Likes

Lovin the purple!

4 Likes

These flower types with the heavy leaf density always seem to bulk up in week 4-6 and on. Looking pretty

5 Likes

You could cheat too and let them veg for 3 mos until their hormones are making them ready to explode in flower. All branches will be beefy then!

6 Likes

Looks really good @FireGuy
I always leave 1 or 2 large fan leaves at the bottom of the branches, it is proven to speed up nutrient delivery from the roots to the upper branches.

7 Likes

Was just reading the other day that fans are what help produce trichs so it’s not great to cut them all off in flower🤦‍♂️

6 Likes

I say your still good you have lots of fan leafs still on your plant based on the last picture

3 Likes

I think I really hit the right mix in mine as the colours were something. I should have waited a week after that heavy defoliation AND THEN flipped to flower, rather then do it in the middle, however I was noticing moisture buildup on the leaves enough to make my hands wet when running them through. So needless to say i created more air space, which is funny that one ultimately got wind burn.

Yours seem to have great airflow space for the most part. My question would be, are you willing to test next grow, trim bud sites off until only top 4 nodes or something and then maybe have a plant like your right tall one, where you’ve got like 8 or 9 nodes of buds, see which does better.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna try 4-5 nodes and everything below is gone on my next grow, plus less offshoots of each branch. Also really want to get CO2 introduced!

4 Likes

Yeah you could benefit CO2 in AZ, nice and hot and dry.
Cool. I will watch for these next grows to see if it effects my decisions :slight_smile: cheers

4 Likes

I would start here let me ask you this

If you disable all exhaust fans and turn your light to 100% what does your temp climb too?

2 Likes

Hot! With my exhaust fan running and ambient at 75, my tent sits around 82-84.
If I’m going to do it, CO2 will only be viable in fall/winter.

2 Likes

I totally understand… trust me…lol

I pushing close to 1300 Watts in my 8 by 4 and heat is always a battle…

You need to figure out a way to control your heat without exhausting alot… You will drain your 20lb tanks in a couple days if you exhaust to much…

My current temp is really about 83 right now I need to raise my temp probe up. My goal is to avg 85 day temp

6 Likes

Well, another week in the books. Definitely screwed myself on the trimming of the left plant, but I’ll still get some decent buds. The plant on the right…:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m in love. The left highest cola is stacking nicely and I’ve learned a lot for the next grow. Definitely have to stay on top of trimming.

7 Likes

Nice nice nice. Those huge buds always make me nervous in drying stage. Looking great @FireGuy
They’re gonna be purty soon

5 Likes

Nervous…how so?

3 Likes