Tent build ((white widow left (harvested), wedding gelato right (harvested))

Is this Canna Oil for like cooking or are you talking oil for cartridges?

2 Likes

Yes it can be used for cooking. But I use my oil for dabs mostly

Source Turbo | ExtractCraft

End results you are left with a very clean oil with no chlorophyll because of the process of the cold wash of trim or buds. Then the machine separates the food grade alcohol from the oil

4 Likes

What would you describe the consistency of the final product. Veg oil or is it thicker like a honey?

2 Likes

I would say thicker more like honey

2 Likes

How long have you had it? Are you happy with it?

2 Likes

I think I had if for about 2 years now…

Making the wash isn’t hard at all just takes alot of time… Freeze buds and alcohol for 24 hours Last batch I used dry ice to make it even colder… Colder the better… Add the alcohol to buds for 5 to 20 mins depends how clean you want it… Strain the material 3 times… Then run it threw the machine (takes about 2 hours)… The good part is your reclaim your alcohol to use again… Place the oil on a silicone mat and a small fan to gas off the balance of the alcohol… End results great clean oil… But a press is alot less work…

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

You are 100% correct @Mpower11. I don’t know where they are getting the 2.2 lbs number. I packed mine the last go around using my years of Tetris playing expertise but still could only fit 15 ounces.

3 Likes

There are extra shelve slots maybe they added more shelves?

3 Likes

So with my WG I averaged 2.5oz per shelf that was dried and taken off the stem. For the WW I averaged about 1.75oz per shelf. Keep in mind the WW was a lot of larf bud so it took up more space. I believe that if you can grow some super dense buds, I could see 2.2 lbs wet. Probably going to build an auto burp jar setup before the next grow is done and split the harvest in half. Half dry/cure in the Cannatrol, half dry in tent and cure in auto jars. See if one stands out above the other…I believe it will. Worst case scenario, I’ve got a lockable storage that will keep everything maintained at the right temp and humidity lol. Expensive storage but oh well.

4 Likes

The most time consuming part of pressing is weighing and packing the bags AND waiting while it’s holding in the press. I compress and then set a timer and walk away…usually 3-4 minutes. I’m actually curious to do the math (love me some math lol). How much bud do you use and how much oil do you usually get back?

2 Likes

Just ordered Bud Candy :lollipop::candy:.
I’ve been looking for a buff for organic growing.
It’s otw amazon has it. Got a gallon

1 Like

Here in Michigan we’re surrounded by water. So humidity is a bitch like @Todd.grobo said it is very hard for me as well. I got a portible AC/ dehumidifier that will blow cool air as it dehumidifies the Room
I got it for my Panda :panda_face: room. It’ll be inside the room with the vent placed right at the out line. So this grow should be good. I’m doing a video on my remodified room. Air tight is the one and only way a panda :panda_face: room can operate.
I’ve got 15 beans germinating now going down later and filling my sacks with a Michigan made mix for my 15 Autoflower’s. They fit perfectly.

4 Likes

15 flowers is a ton of work! Looking forward to seeing them!

3 Likes

U read my mind :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

4 out of 14 are growing above the soil. Still waiting on 4 and they need to hurry up lol :joy:

2 Likes

Well, after 12 days of curing this thing is filled with the Wedding Gelato. I’ve been dying to try it after the flavors from the pressed stuff. It’s going down tonight, smoke report to follow.

10 Likes

Just Puff Puff pass

6 Likes

Well, it definitely needs to cure a bit longer. I didn’t really taste much of the terps, but to be honest, I usually don’t when it comes to flower. This is why I enjoy pressing, the flavors are amazing. It burned nice and clean, and I only made it about half way through the joint. Oh boy was I on a ride. The high was definitely more head than body which was expected, however it was a head high that i’ve yet to experience before…hard to explain. Really looking forward to dabbing some of the press stuff again…yummy yummy.

8 Likes

Its what I noticed as well, I was happy but when I tried it after 30 days it went to a whole other level!

8 Likes