Temp inside grobo

Quick question…my home AC is set at 76F, but my inside Grobo temp ranges between 84-88F, water temp at 75-77F. I have a fan blowing at the back of the unit. I’ve already sent a support ticket just in case. Just wanted any thoughts of how to lower my internal temp. I don’t want to keep the door open as my baby girl is a seedling so I’m trying to keep humidity up as high as I can with what I’ve got for now (43%).

1 Like

Turn your AC down would be the best short term fix, I try to keep my AC between 68 and 70. Long term instal a water chiller to help keep water temps down. @SWSVIC wrote up a great post on how he did his. He also posted about a heat/smell reducing mod. You should be able to find them pretty easy, @SWSVIC may be able to link them here.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve decided against a water chiller for warranty issues, using hydroguard. I can’t afford to keep AC at 68-70 here in AZ with external temps at 110+. I thought the unit was supposed to match AC temps, maybe a little higher due to the light, but not 10-12 degrees :weary:

The ventilation mod I am using keeps my unit at (or even sometimes below) room temp. It’s inexpensive and easy to assemble.

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/swsvics-heat-odor-reduction-system/5941?u=swsvic

3 Likes

99.9 % sure I will be trying to get this done this weekend! Thanks @SWSVIC

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m over a week out from getting the piece that fits over the back of the Grobo. For now, door open and fan blowing inside. Never thought the internal temp would be 10-14 degrees above ambient. Couldn’t have picked a worse time to start my grow :rofl:

1 Like

Making it work is part of the fun! That does seem to be an excessively high difference in temperature. My grobo would typically run about 5 degrees warmer than the ambient room temp. At any point in the day does your unit receive direct sun light? I will be very interested to see what the mod can do when it comes to handling such a temperature deficit!

1 Like

No direct sunlight. Same hallway as a saltwater fish tank for that exact reason. It’s right by the AC return and thermostat as well for the most cooling. Support suggested AC at 70 but AZ summers…I’m not made of money lol. 80 when I’m away, 76 when I’m home and 74 when I sleep is $300+ a month. I’ve adjusted to a constant 74 but with door closed, still reaching up to 88.

1 Like

Remove carbon filter for extra air flow.

1 Like

Already done! Didn’t even install at the beginning.

@SWSVIC you are the f-ing man!!!
Before install

15 minutes after install!
Thanks for the mod brother!

3 Likes

Glad it’s helping!

2 Likes

Hell yea, nice work brother! :facepunch:

3 Likes

It will come down further once grobo fans kick on.

3 Likes