Taking out the tank for cleaning

Can we remove the black tank for a good cleaning ?

3 Likes

You can, but it takes quite a bit of effort. You need to take off the left side to be able to disconnect and reconnect the water level sensors from the circuit board. It’s a few screws and some paying attention, but doable. I tend to do it after almost every grow.

3 Likes

Do you have a Grobo 1 or the new Grobo 2? The newer 2, is much simpler and you can do it without unhooking anything right from the front.

3 Likes

I jumped the gun and cut the plant to dry without figuring out how to clean it. I guees ill wait to clean it now that the plants already drying in it.

1 Like

I have the grobo 1

1 Like

Personally, for my first clean I am going to use some very very mild soapy water and wipe everything down the sides drain and fill a few times with regular tap water then wipe the sensors and the sides, along as the clear plastic piece with a microfiber cloth for a bit and wait a few hours for everything to dry good!

3 Likes

It’s a bit pricey, but I use Zerotol HC when I clean. Works extremely well! I use it because it’s plant safe, so even if there’s a residue, the plant will be fine.

5 Likes

Just remember to put your ph probe in storage solution so it doesn’t go bad

4 Likes

Right now i have it in just water sealed in the plastic pieces they came with. So i cant use regular water. Use the solution? I have this kit.

3 Likes

this is good for pH probe storage

5 Likes

Without the true storage solution, I believe regular tap water is recommended for storage.

7 Likes

Fire is correct if your going to use water use tap water. Don’t use Ro or distilled as this has little to no ions present and will cause the ions to leach out of the glass bulb and will render your electrode useless.

But storage solution is best that’s what it’s made for.

6 Likes

To add this this if I didn’t have storage solution storing it in Ph calibration solution 4 or 7 is better than tapwater also.

5 Likes

That’s the one it’s really it Potassium Chloride. If you see it start to crystal up that’s normal nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

I did not know this!

3 Likes

You do now my friend :wink:

5 Likes

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle! (I hope SOMEONE gets this reference) :rofl:

7 Likes

I surely did!!! Super Friend… :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

@Hayden_Gregory , @Akira6063 ,
Cleaning can be tricky at times and wiping down your unit is key but also making sure to sanitize is crucial for maintaining a clean environment for proper ph and less chance of contaminated waters!
It is recommended that you use 50/50 vinegar & water solution to clean out your unit between every grow!
And like @FireGuy suggested zeratol HC can be used if you have had any bacteria, mold etc issues in your grow to be sure its cleaned out of the tank properly! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Gi joeeeeeee

3 Likes