SWSVIC's Heat & Odor Reduction System

Also when you plug it in to recharge it gets really hot. Just be cautious.

Very good to know! Does it heat up during use as well?

1 Like

No not that I am aware of. Just when plugged in to recharge after all the silica beads inside are wet. That’s how it dries it out. Plug in to dry it out.

1 Like

Copy that, thanks for the heads up, will plug it in away from the box

1 Like

You’re welcome… have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Hey @SWSVIC

3+ months later with this setup, would you change anything?? I’m about to get to that point and I’m going to pretty much copy your setup. Figured I’d ask if you would change anything if you could go back!

Thanks homie

1 Like

@Smudgefam

Honestly there is nothing I would change, I love it. I do plan on taking it a little further by upgrading the fan and carbon filter prior to my next grow. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@SWSVIC

Hey thanks! Much appreciated as always!

2 Likes

I just tried installing this system with only one connection from the flange piece to the inline fan to get some heat reduction going.

Only bad part about it was that my Grobo unit back plate doesnt sit flush with the shell and it isn’t flat, so this doesn’t exactly fit 100% and leaves some pretty large air gaps… I just taped around it to make a seal for now, but now it’s not removable.

There is an option to POSSIBLY double layer the sticky magnets on a spot or two and that MIGHT allow it to sit flush with the Grobo, but it would be probably be pure luck.

The right side of my Grobo is also kinda bent so I see some light coming out compared to the left side which sits flush -_-

2 Likes

I haven’t put mine on yet. But this is good to know! I’ll report back my findings

Just fill in the areas with an extra layer of magnets as I did. PS: I’ve never taken mine off nor do I really ever see a need to. Thus I have taped it off using white electrical tape. Looks great and creates a perfect seal.

2 Likes

Ah okay thanks. I guess I didn’t read the part about double layering the magnets, once I get a day with stable temps in the Grobo I’ll try to remove my tape and add another layer of magnets and see if that helps. For now it’s taped on.

1 Like

For the DIY hack and for the Disclaimer lol
tenor_gif5970070961778053239001_1599649540696

3 Likes

Okay so since I finally got my temperatures at a safe spot to do some adjusting, I removed the flange and added two layers of magnets on the vertical short sides because those are the ones that aren’t sitting flush. The horizontal top and bottom sides were fine.

However, a 2nd layer of magnets isnt enough to make it sit flush either, and it looks like a third would be too much. I ended up re-taping in a nicer manner that looks much better and with the double layer magnets its a smaller air gap, so I think it’s a win win.

I looked at your pic; your Grobo’s large back plating sits flush with your Grobo… like I said, mine is bent from either shipping or bad construction, so it’s never going to fit right as far as I can tell.

With that being said though, I’m not upset at all, because with the tape and extra magnets it still works pretty well.

This system provides at least 4-5 degrees of heat reduction for me from what I’ve noticed so far.

1 Like

Happy to hear it, sort of the nature of the beast when using a removable setup. Of course the issue could have been solved with a gasket and screwing the joiner flange Directly into the back of the unit, but the less invasive approach was much more appealing to me. Also when coupled with the white electrical tape seal, the same results are achieved. I have another environment MOD which I will be implementing prior to my next grow. Stay tuned brother!

Yeah the less invasive approach you took was what was appealing to me as well. I definitely didn’t wanna do anything to my Grobo that could potentially end in me destroying it.

It’s definitely working, I actually am getting about 6 degrees of heat reduction from when I had the fan off/system disconnected until letting it run the past 45 minutes… I think the extra adjustments actually are making a better seal.

I’ll be watchin for the new new :smiley:

2 Likes

Get yourself some white electrical tape and seal off every point that you see light leakage.

3 Likes

Good idea… didn’t think about doing that to be honest, was more focused on the flange.

Probably gonna be better for maximizing the carbon filter once my plant is in flower too I would imagine…Haven’t added that on past the inline fan yet, no need atm, but plan on getting it set up in due time.

2 Likes

Agreed, I did the same.

2 Likes

I used clear packaging tape to seal up the gaps on that back/side panel

1 Like