SWSVIC’s water chiller installation

Well, that’s a hefty little Amazon cart price, but I’d rather do it right. Looking at my water temp midday today, 78.8F with the house at 76 so guess it’s a must.

2 Likes

It’s only money! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Just hopeful it saves me money in the long run not having to buy anymore…I’m sure it will. Just makes the Grobo a $3000 unit now.

Being completely honest, I do not think the grobo is the right choice for saving money. I suppose it depends on the volume you typically consume and your abilities to maximize space/yield in the small grow space. I do think however that it will save your from many pitfalls “new growers” face, which I suppose could be looked at as a financial/time gain. A tent is more suitable for someone looking to rely solely on their own product.

2 Likes

My only reason for it is insomnia. At this point, I could easily get by with 1/2 a gram a night…if it’s even that much. So starting my grow now with what I’ve got stored, I think I could be self sufficient. If that’s not the case, I can always flip flop my gourmet mushroom grow tent back and forth as the mushrooms are really just a cool hobby and taste great!

1 Like

Typically people are lucky to yield 2 ounces (56.699 grams) per grow in the grobo which takes on average 4-5 months (+ 1-2 months curing time). To put that in perspective, given your usage of .5g per night your supply would last you roughly 3.8 months (assuming you did not deviate from the .5g allowance) you would still need to purchase medicine to cover the time it takes to complete your next grow which could be 1 to 3 months or longer depending on strain/pheno. I’m not trying to discourage, you’re going to have a ton of fun growing with the grobo, I just want to be sure that your expectations are accurate given you are using your cannabis for a medical purpose.

2 Likes

Fixed it :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Even if I’m not fully self sufficient, the hobby and knowing exactly what is going into what I’m smoking will be worth it. I definitely don’t smoke every night, but with your math…maybe a second Grobo is in my future :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’ve been wanting to grow for years, it’s such a beautiful plant, but it seemed a lot to jump into a tent grow for a hobby. I also only started medicating maybe a month ago and it’s done wonders. I went through all the systems (Grobo, leaf, seedo, cloudponics, etc.) and this seemed the best choice for me. If I have to buy every so often, so be it…but hopefully I can learn to make the most of one Grobo and keep a recurring supply :crossed_fingers:t2:

Just saw your “fixed it” and I didn’t check your math, just took your word for it :rofl:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, the process is enjoyable af. Can not wait to experience my own product for the first time. When it comes to grow boxes you most certainly made the right choice.

2 Likes

Hey SWSVIC.

Thanks for all the info you post. I’ve learned a lot from them and the responses.

One particular question is bugging me. do you use a filter with your chiller? The one I bought has an inline filter, but I’m thinking the filter will filter out the nutes and other good things as well as the bad things. Plus, we change our water every week. in short I’m worried that a filter in the chiller will do more harm than good

Also, I’m planning on drilling holes into the back panel removable cover, installing rubber grommets and running the electrical and water tubes Through them. Any thoughts on this idea?I know you did something similar. did you have any light leakage issues? TIA for your help.

3 Likes

Hey @Driver3599 appreciate the kind words! I do not use a filter. Light leak is a non-issue, many of us run with the rear hatch completely removed (chiller or not).

1 Like

I had no idea that the rear hatch could be left open. I thought for sure that would create a light leak. That will definitely make things easier.

Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Man this is great stuff, thanks! Do you happen to have a photo of the chiller/pump lines and how they connect with the T, I’m a visual person so the photos are great references

2 Likes

Hey @kruegerand

I have added a tent to my op and the fittings are all behind it! Explain to me any questions that you may have on it and I will gladly answer them!

1 Like

Still waiting on a few parts but excited to get this on it. Thanks for the reply!

Man that went smooth for the most part, the water level sensors were a bit tough to try and reach during reassembly but got it ok. The 1/2” tubing through the two reservoir grommets was the worst part by far, had to taco them as you said. Love those thumb twist clamps, never saw those before. Thanks for all the info and photos you put up for the chiller install.

All set up and first seed going!

9 Likes

SICK! You nailed it brother! Yea those grommets are a major pain in the ass but once they’re in, THEY’RE IN haha. Nice work man, enjoy it. :facepunch:

6 Likes

Coming up stiff and straight

4 Likes

Bro. You ain’t telling no lies here.

2 Likes

Here’s the beauty now

4 Likes