Supplies other than Grobo

Hi AG,

Can I buy supplies outside of Grobo such as Amazon? I don’t want to spend $200 to get free shipping. I do want to order Coco pods or something similar from Amazon but don’t know the dimensions.

2 Likes

Let us know if you find them! That is one thing I have not been able to source and they need to be exact or very close to exact.

1 Like

7th day on GDP and no sign of life. I am an eager beaver and checking on it everyday. I have been spraying the top of the coco pod to keep it moist. Can I reuse the coco pod if I were to place the seed in RO/distilled water? Also, can I use the same seed that’s currently inside my coco pod if it hasn’t germinate? So many questions, I know.

Spraying the top of the pod sounds like a good idea to novice growers (I did it), however it actually detrimental and SHOULD NOT be done. This could be an issue as to why it hasn’t sprouted. Stop spraying and give it a few more days. Hoped it dry up a bit and makes emerges from your pod!

1 Like

Wow, that’s great advice. Thanks! Also, the coco pod has loose material around it … is it normal and my coco pod is flushed to the lid but when I pick up the reservoir lid, the bottom of the pod does drip… Is that normal? Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

Yes it should drop in this phase as the water in your reservoir is filled to the “high” setting, however it should not be physically touching the water but just getting sprayed by the bubbles from your air pump/stone. Using your best judgment do you think that your pod is touching the water when the lid is fully closed?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I picked it up and it drips water only with a few droplets when I lightly squeezed it. I can’t move it up further because I actually did that a few days ago after I read about the sticker on/off the reservoir lid based on current/old models. The seal on the side of the coco pod seems loose and I don’t want to mess with it and make it more finicky than it needs to be.

1 Like

Nope leave it how it is and cease spraying from above. If it doesn’t pop by day 10 break out the tweezers and investigate by pulling out the piece of cocopod that you inserted on top of the seed.

Okay, cool. A few questions:

1. Can I reuse the seed if it did not sprout?
  2. Do I end grow on the app?
  3. Can I reuse the same water and same coco pod?

:pray::raised_hands::+1: Thank you!

1 Like

Do not reuse seed, use a new one, end grow and start new with new seed, you can try reusing pod (it should work), use new water, pre-germinate your seed in a cup of water or in a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag prior to inserting in pod (wait until seed splits and you see a small white tap root and then insert tap root side down)

1 Like

I cant remember who but someone pointed these out on AG a few months ago going to try them next grow.

5 Likes

Nice those definitely look close!

1 Like

I grabbed the 18 cell 36 in a bag so should be good for a while.

3 Likes

Yes that oughta do it haha. Let me know if they work!

1 Like

Will do… This is where I seen it before so I grabbed some. So thank you Osage

6 Likes

Hell yes @Osage is the man :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@pha720 You can try to germinate it separately, but chances are high that it won’t germinate. Same thing happened to me, I tried to germinate the dud in wet paper towels between 2 plates. It never germinated.

Definitely let us know how they do! Way more economical

1 Like

Will do… Definitely worth the purchase. IMO
:+1:

@AandM-farms. Thank you! I’ll def order it!

1 Like