Supplemental light sources ☮️

@Vicc I have been considering using Mycodo in my tent but might still go with something simpler/custom. Have you heard of it?

2 Likes

@vegetato

If its just a grow tent and for home grow or a hobby, you can use something like a TrolMaster Hydro X, which works great and came highly recommended by some growers I’ve talked to.

I have heard of Mycodo but never dove into it. By the looks from the Docs, mycodo has a pretty detailed api documentation which will make using this more user and automation friendly.

I am also going to have to look into this. At the moment I have a moisture sensor project I’m working on to do auto top feed based on moisture level and to maintain optimal dry back levels which is very al
a carte function.

I am looking for something that I can scale commercially if i ever decide to take a step forward so I am learning all of the technology they use with the direction of a friend whos an expert in commercial automated grows. This seems like a whole system controller and has more all in one functions, I will definitely have to check this out…

Thanks man!

4 Likes

Yea…I feel that. Unfortunately space is currently still a major consideration for me but that may soon change and I’d like to further my experience with different methods and applications of growing so that I can experiment when the time comes.
Man cave… Grow room… Very exciting. I hope you guys find the place you’re looking for. Especially if I can look forward to living vicariously through more pics of your grow ops :joy::v:t5:

4 Likes

Position 2… Let’s see what happens :smirk:

If you’re wondering. This was done with some simple 1/4" soft tie and a little imagination :recycle::bulb::sunflower::bulb::sunflower:

8 Likes

@SWSVIC
It seems as if leaf burn is not an issue with these. The plant just reaches for more lol
:recycle::bulb::sunflower:

9 Likes

Nice! Let’s hope they fatten up!

4 Likes

Hell yes, this is awesome.

3 Likes

3 Likes

tenor_gif7893383719219094577001_1605251995876 tenor_gif1762898451991623231001_1605251996885

1 Like

One thing I’ve noticed is the “reflective paint” that’s used inside the chamber of the grobo is actually effective. Even b4 introducing extra light, I noticed the parts of the plant that lay against the walls are flourishing as well as parts receiving direct light. When I lean the branches forward the bud sites,in the back so to speak, are equivalent to the ones in front.
So I’m thinking my next run will be done with this light set up(vertical center). Closely above during early stages but centered vertically once the plant has established. I will be attempting to use a type of Vertical Trellis fixture inside the Grobo. Sort of like a tomatoe plant trellis. It’s circular with 3 tiers. I’ll attempt to train the plant and drop the light down the center.
If nothing else… It should make for an interesting grow. :recycle::bulb::peace_symbol:

7 Likes

6 Likes

Check out @SilverGrobo’s manifold training grobo grow, would be perfect for what you are looking to attempt.

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! @Chem13dog check out this thread if you haven’t seen it yet.
https://www.allgrowers.com/t/blueberry-indica-grows/3289

5 Likes

'The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing.’

–Voltaire

This is a solid technique. Mainlining is definitely the techn I’ll be attempting. That grow was solid. Aside from the excessive training that undoubtedly stunted the growth of the plant(plus it was an auto). That was an excellent example of what I’ll be trying to replicate. With a few adjustments of my own of course. That grow was clean , effective, and very well executed. Shouts out to @SilverGrobo @SWSVIC @Chad_Johnson for the very valuable info.
I will take this information out into the world and make bud FRUITFUL & MULTIPLY :+1:t5::sunflower::recycle::bulb:

4 Likes

Ok people…small update :bulb:
In the interests of full disclosure.
It appears that the LEDs are pumping out enough lumens to cause some very minor leaf burn.
:rotating_light: Very minor but noticable.

3 Likes

Is there a dimming option? maybe worth trying out.

5 Likes

Were those leaves touching the lights? That will happen with Grobo’s LED as well, so it’s worth noting imo. If anything is within an inch of those lights, it is bound to cause some sort of light burn regardless for sure. Just curious!

I wonder if you can defoliate accordingly early on to keep stuff away from them if it will make a difference or not.

2 Likes

I actually had serious burn damage on one of the top Colas from the Grobo’s light. I carefully removed it and the surrounding burnt leaves and she’s still doing great.
Those leaves were in fact, in direct contact with the LEDs for more than 2-3 weeks.
I inspected the areas around the LEDs for possible issues.
There were none. These mild burns occurred on “Satellites” that were set to be trimmed, removed, or die off anyways. Therefore for this grow I’ve decided to proceed with use of the LEDs.
I was in the process of minor defoliation when I discovered the few " Satellites" had been affected. It was not an issue.
And I agree… The Grobo’s light is the one to worry about. I’ve had to train down 3/5 of my main Colas.
I recently did some research on " Controlling Stretch" and will be attempting to apply to my next grow that should be started by the end of year.

3 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes