Super Scrogging in The Grobo by Mr.420 ;)

9 Likes

Y you do this! Is there a method to your madness? (In layman’s terms, I realize I can Google scrogging.)

1 Like

That plant is in need of defoliation. A lot of darkness below the top set of fan leaves. Appears completely dark half way down all the way to the bottom. No light penetration.

Probably the most aggressive scorg I’ve seen :man_shrugging:. Could just be my old eyes playing tricks

2 Likes

Hey ladies and gentlemen, the reasoning for doing this is it allows more access to all main branches for trimming, it also sections off portions of the plant where the nodes need to be clipped or trimmed, more air way passages for air flow and it helps stabilize all branches in flowering time to not cause main colas from bending or breaking when they get heavy. As far as my bottom canopy I do trim, top, and lollipop my plants but left these images in beginning stages to show in a descriptive manner how the scrog/drying lines are there and how I strategically placed them.

Thanks

Mr.420
8 Likes

These do not appear to be the same “support Racks” offered by GROBO, can you advise on where they can be acquired? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, so these are sold as drying lines from Grobo. The way I use them is for both drying and what I call Super Scrogging. The way I position all the lines are on a 45 degree angle going up usually one week before it hits the height where it would be reached. All lines have to be counter facing each other after every step going up so they essentially make diamaond shape squares when you look at it from above, this helps guide each branch through them and makes it easier for trimming, topping and lollipopping. :wink: Hope this helps, I know its easier if I had a way to upload a video to show everyone exactly what I do and how I do it. Hopefully the pics I have up can help everyone :wink:

Mr.420

4 Likes

Thanks Mr.! It appears that Grobo has changed the product on their website and if you look at the product images you can see that the lines are not “tight” like yours are which obviously would present an issue with hen trying to use them for support (see Grobo website for reference, unable to post link to forum) Also, they are sold out of them lol.

I have solved the issue and ordered a bunch of magnetic hooks via amazon and will accomplish similar results using nylon rope or wire to attach them to make a Diamond like network as you recommend. Thanks for the intel!

4 Likes