Suggestions please: first grow - kryptonite (AF) what to trim

first time grower hoping that baby girl is very fruitful. kryptonite strain from growers lab seeds. these pics are day 36…late veg state day 12/14…any advice on trimming? honestly dont know where to start

4 Likes

Hey @kookie-monstar-kee

First off you’re doing great, she looks super happy. Can you confirm, is this plant an auto? (Hence the “AF” in your title)

1 Like

Yup, she is an auto flower. I do appreciate the vote of confidence during my first grow. Doing my best to not upset her feng shui. LOL She seems to doing well thus far. I’ve only trimmed few leaves that were brown spotting early; any advice on how to move next would be much appreciated. Thanks

I’m no auto expert but honestly she looks so strong you may be able to get away with some light defoliating. Don’t take my word on it however haha. @Jamminbear what are your thoughts on this?

U can get rid of those. Is she an Auto? For day 36 , u should see some hairs popping out already. I would start super cropping the tops to get more branching to prevent her from stretching all the way to the lights. Auto can get away from u pretty quick. I have taken the main stem -and bent it over 90 degrees until it snaps. It might not look pretty but some super cropping would be a good idea for yield and branching.

yea she’s AUTO. kinda scared to cut her but i know it’s for the best. now i need to figure out my surgery techinque lol. newbie to the self grow so i’m learning the craft as she sprout. i gonna try the super crop on some of the younger top leaflings and cut those in the bottom like you suggested and finally top her. I may have missed a few developemental steps from lack of knowledge. I went AUTO to ensure something grew itself despite my shortcomings. any additional knowledge you willing to/can pass will be appreciated.

1 Like

@kookie-monstar-kee,

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb: (SheLooksPerfect): :green_thumb:

• (Do what you like with this grow and have it as your base grow for the next grows): (Every grow can be a little different, play around with them and find your favorite way of growing): :infinity:

(ForAutoInformation): (ClickHere):

--

• ((#Auto)): ((#NotAnAutoGrow)): :video_camera:

• (:warning: If your seed is “not an [auto seed]” and you choose ‘an [auto recipe]’ it will stay in veg. stage forever and ever):

--

:infinity:

--

:infinity:

2 Likes

Hey buddy! I’m a new grower as well but have two autoflowers growing in 2 grobos. Based on what I have seen on here, training and trimming or topping is very strain dependent.

There’s quite a bit of variability in how much training each type of autoflower can take. The general folklore is to just let them be and don’t touch them much. I’ve found that the strains I am growing are very resilient.

The AK-47 auto I have a thread on this forum. Check it out. She grew a lot and got away from me. I wish I would have trimmed more earlier on in mid/late veg and transition.

The other auto is a Lamb’s Bread which is quite short and doesn’t really need too much trimming.

I would recommend spreading out your bud branches/sites by using ties/support rack/hooks. Try to give each bud branch/site enough room so spread them out to the corners and sides.

2 Likes