Stem or destem for harvest

So I saw a comment that said you should remove the buds from the stems during cure. I’m almost certain, however, I read @Stephen say that you should leave the buds on the stems during cure. Did I miss something?

2 Likes

More than likely you missed something :crazy_face:
If you leave the stems on during cure you can run the risk of mold because the stems hold a lot of moisture!
If you plan to use the stems remove them from your buds and cure them in a seperate jar!

9 Likes

I’m sure that’s it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey @Driver3599,

Our Champion @Bplatinum9 is correct! Check out this video where I cut the buds from the stems before going into the jars for curing.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Love those jars! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

@Stephen This is the one I was talking about. You talk about The moisture going from the stems into the bud after they’ve been cut. I think.

https://youtu.be/OntfoXeBdG8

2 Likes

Hey @Driver3599,

Ah, ok that makes sense! I do remove the buds from the main stem when going into cure as a best practice. If it’s dried a bit too much, you can include a bit of stem in the jar to help bring it back a bit.

Generally when you take it off the main stem, you will have a shorter, hidden stem on the bud itself. This is like a little water reservoir and what causes your buds to ‘bounce back’ in terms of dampness after being in the jars for 12 hours or so and one of the reasons we need to burp the jars. Hope that makes more sense!

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like