Started New Grow outside my Grobo

When I failed indirectly in my first frow I was like ok regroup. I looked through all my data since I documented everything and was like what could I do better.

I’m no quitter. I cried like a girl but I got over it and planted 4 new girls.

6 Likes

Today I tried supercropping. That was scary. I squeezed too hard. I had to apply tape to support her as she heals. I defoiled, adjusted ph and added ice because FedEx still hasn’t brought my chillers. I’m determined to have a successful grow.

I also got my new haul of seeds.

4 Likes

First day of flowering

She started budding in transition

4 Likes

Monster bush :open_mouth::+1:

Shes drinking a gallon every 2 days

2 Likes

Its finally complete my custom built rdwc from versatile hydroponic

I’m so not a builder but I know how to find one. He build it to fit inside my 4x2 tent. Shes a beast. 400gph water pump. 793 gph air pump and 1in tubing. 5 gallon rez. And my ecoplus 1/10hp chiller. I treat my plants like kid only the best.

11 Likes

This is a really cool set up! Can’t wait to see this in action.

3 Likes

I’m just guessing, but the 3 blue labeled buckets are for the plants and the green labeled bucket is for dispensing water and nutrients plus whatever else? Inquiring minds…:thinking:

3 Likes

Yes. It will save me money on water and nutes. I wont have to change water as often. I’m currently buying 20gal a week in water. Now I only have to do it 3weeks

3 Likes

I here ya! Buying all that water is a PITA

1 Like

Very nice! I’ve used a very similar setup in the past with HID / HPS bulbs. They drink to much electricity and run very hot.

Question though what is the feed method is a continuous drip from the top into the baskets? Hard to tell from pics.

I’ll be watching this one. closely too :eyes: :+1:

Edit: It appears to be a DWC system seen it after a 2nd look lol.

4 Likes

How much does water cost where you’re from? I get my RO water for 39 cents a gallon

@Stoned About a buck a gallon for distilled. My well is like 240 tds (hard)

1 Like

I see guess I’m just lucky

I managed to cut the distilled water cord. I’m using 20 to 25 gallons a week since I dehumidify 24/7 my room and plants drink a lot, I’m 40tds straight out of the tap. I just pH the water to 6.0 so the grobo doesn’t use as much to balance, my tap water is around 7.04pH

2 Likes

The guys at my grow supply store have been trying to get me to buy this distill filter. I’m just scared I guess.lol

Your dwc system ran hot and drank to much electricity? Or your lights I’m confused. My current setup I’m running 3 separate pumps so I guess it will equal out. I need this setup to manage my water temperature. I run hott all the time.

You know one thing I discovered since I started managing my heat daily and controlling the ph more. Before my roots where a big tangled mass underneath my net pot. But I noticed lately they are growing more . There are new bright white roots coming out and the massive ball of roots is hanging lower because the parent roots are growing out of my net pot too. Everything is getting bigger.

It’s kinda scary because my roots look so heavy hanging out of my net pod but they aren’t stringy they are think like tree trunks and bean sprouts.

2 Likes

Hah, poor choice of words. I used 1000w Metal halides which consume (not drink) so much electricity and just give off so much heat. Your setup brought back those memories. Your DWC setup will function great under LEDs vs the Metal halide or sodium. :+1:

1 Like

I’m excited. Logging 20gals a week is murder on my back. Just gotta figure out how to fit my chiller into the grobo so she can run cooler. I moved her to the coolest room in my house and it’s still 80f in my rez.

I’m icing her down daily.

1 Like