Sour kush

I experienced the same thing this time around with dry mode. I didn’t see any logic’s in filling the machine to dry so I completely disregarded those instructions.

Definitely something that needs to be looked at by the grobo team. Once Dry mode is selected it should just turn off the lights and turn on the fans and that’s it.

3 Likes

Is it maybe to keep the air stone submerged and wet? But yeah that it’s a weird step and I didn’t do it my first harvest either

It doesn’t matter if the air stone is submerged. I do a full cleaning of everything once the drying is complete. I just make sure the pH probe is in storage solution.

2 Likes

Yeah I wasn’t sure about that or not. I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed then yet :thinking:

@stephane Damn ! thats another thing I forgot - put the caps back on the sensors .

They don’t have clear instructions for beginners that’s for sure . They should have one spot that’s easily accessible that’s shows every step methodically .

I can see a lot of first timers getting scared away .

I searched “grobo you tube videos “ and YouTube asked for a sign in . I have never had to sign in to watch a you tube video .

There info is scattered all over the place …I even find this forum hard to navigate when searching for a specific thing .

Thanks to all on here that helped me out through my first grow - honestly it was you guys that got me through the mistakes I made .

I probably won’t get much from this grow.

Hopefully the mistakes I made and now I figured out to not trust the app half the time …with all this hopefully my second grow goes a lot better .

5 Likes

The pH probe is the only one really that absolutely needs to be in KCI solution when not in the grobo water. At minimum when your plant is drying place it in a baggy with the water from the grobo which has pH Adjustments done by the grobo already. You don’t want to put your probe in straight up RO water or Distilled water as this can damage the probe on the long run.

My suggestion to you assuming you let her get dry. Get her in water ASAP, purchase a probe care kit off the grobo site, thoroughly clean the probe with the included instructions, complete a full calibration from the app. This will make sure that it is properly calibrate for your next grow and you shouldn’t have any dosing issues.

Hope this helps out and if you have any more questions I’m happy to help @Rob

2 Likes

There was a bit water left in the reservoir I just filled the caps up with that and put them on the probes . I hope it didn’t screw them up !

1 Like

It should be fine. Just make sure to calibrate the pH probe like I explained and you will be gtg for your next grow.

1 Like

Congratulations on your harvest though! I forgot to say that lol. And whatever a harvest is a harvest. We’re all really learning here but now you can try new stuff with your next grow to increase the yield and fatten up the buds! :+1::beers:

1 Like

@Russel_Richardson for sure dude ! Thanks !

I didn’t buy this machine to keep up with my habit lol I would need a dozen lol

Whatever I get I will be happy with … hopefully it packs a punch !

2 Likes

I’m sure it will, mine did!

@Rob,

((#Congratulations)):

((#DryingMode))… ((#DryingChange)):

((#PHprobeCleaning)):

((#NewBMistakes)):

((#LearningAsWeGrow))… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

@SilverGrobo thanks I appreciate all that info .

I wonder if I have to wait he full 5 days ?

Almost there !!!

4 Likes

@Rob,

Hang until the buds themselves squeeze just a little to hear crispy sound…

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@SilverGrobo thanks again your a great help ?

How long do you cure yours for and what’s “burping “ during cure time mean ? Open the lid ?

Thanks

Rob

3 Likes

@Rob,

((#Burping)):

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=burping

It’s basically just opening the jar and let the air in just for a little while… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Also throw a bovida humidity pack in there. This slows the process so you don’t dry the buds out too quickly and brings out flavor :joy::v:

5 Likes

So I’m guessing I need some sort of solution to calibrate ?

4 Likes

Yes, if it’s ph you’re talking about. You need a bottle of 7.0 solution and a bottle of 4.0 solution. You stick the pen/probe in 7.0 first then move it to 4.0 after. You’ll get a notification of successful calibration :+1::v:

4 Likes

@Rob,

((#phCalibrationKit)):

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes