Something quick

Day 25 of flip the stack has just started … for reference my plants are 6ft tall

8 Likes

Sweet

1 Like

transplanting today to 1 gallon smart pots here’s a pic of my jbeezy cut wedding cake f1 roots … forgot to take a pic of the animal cookies 09 cut but those roots you couldn’t even see the coco … just white roots everywhere

9 Likes

Good thing I invested in these fluence spydrs they give off no heat and are designed to 6 inches away from the canopy … I know that’s way less than six inches away but she’s not showing signs of stress or shock so I’m a let her be for right now and see how the cola responds …

8 Likes

Keep us posted! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

@chris_barfield

image-Chris_barfield--

((#ILoveThesePics))::camera_flash::camera::green_thumb:

--

--

((#KeepUsPosted)): :pen::computer::pencil2::notebook:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :eyes:

Summary

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::green_thumb:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Wow Chris! A work of art! :performing_arts:

4 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

@DustyJG Just curious, why did you go from a 4x8’ down to a 4x4? What do you prefer about the Secret Jardin to the Gorilla besides price?

2 Likes

The biggest reason for going down to a 4x4 was that my talent increased. Instead of trying to slave over 10-12 plants in a 4x8, I can now get the same yield from a 4x4 using traditional growing methods that I’ve gotten better at applying (LST, topping, super cropping, nutrient application, watering schedule, etc). It comes down to hands-on experience. Yet I’m still learning with every grow.
As for the Secret Jardin to Gorilla comparison, the biggest factor was bang for the buck. A tent is a tent is a tent as long as it has the basics of being mostly light proof, has a floor pan for leaks and spills, and is sturdy enough to hold your overhead equipment. The bonuses with the Secret Jardin model I chose are the venting setup and the included netting. I had to cut in the intake and exhaust vents which worked great for me. I could logically put them where I wanted them to fit my corner grow space. And the netting is designed to fit perfectly. A second net would be helpful and may end up being a future purchase. The Gorilla tents are cookie-cutter. You’re limited to where the door, intake, and exhaust are located. Gorilla touts their windows as a convenience where as I don’t have one on the Secret Jardin. For me, windows are a gimmick and another place to worry about seam failures and light leakage. I’m either in my tent working or it’s sealed up and doing what it’s supposed to be doing. Being able to peak in on the girls wears off quickly after about the third or fourth grow. Doing without a window was a no-brainer for me. Others may think differently. These are my opinions and what works for me right now. I may change my mind down the road.

8 Likes

That’s amazing feedback, thanks so much for sharing!

2 Likes

Yea the windows are stupid to me just another spot to worry about light leak

2 Likes

Great feedback guys, I actually like my windows, but I’m running more than one tent and need to use my time very carefully. A quick peek in helps me determine if anything is needed that day. I’m too fat to bend over and open all the tents for a quick peek.

Just me though…

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

another pick up from the other day … my plan is to use the rare darkness and Jedi kush and cross them and see what I get … the rare darkness is the mother of scotts og which in y experience has been the strongest ganja I’ve smoked

7 Likes

@chris_barfield, you always have such exotic and hard to find gear. I’m Jelly.

Looking forward to seeing these runs.

Cheers,
Stephen

8 Likes

I agree, especially when you are running a three tent rotation grow! Everything is different in each tent, so a quick peek is all I need most times. When I’m doing a solo tent grow like now, I duct tape the zipper around all windows because the only real time I go in there is to water and defoliate :+1::v::joy:

5 Likes

Here goes my crappy iPhone pics again … I’m really not doing either of these justice buds are super fat and still stacking … just entered week 5 so I still a good month of stack … having support issues and I’m waiting on yoyos to help with that … smell on the cropped one is gassy donuts and the second is strawberry coffee if you will

10 Likes

She’s Beautiful :grin:

3 Likes

Appreciate ya … man I dunno what to poop next got like three seedjunky flavors and a bunch of other fire I wanna pop the pen anti butter breathe but then I got all these others plus access to elite clones hard when you have too much

5 Likes