Some brown spots on a few baby leaves

My pH has been 6.0 and the ppm has been around 200-300 in the 3rd week of growth. Any ideas? I clipped them off already and my plants seem to be doing fine, roots and all. Any advice is great!

3 Likes

@Olympia

Does this resemble your pics? It’s hard to tell without an upclose picture image

If yes it’s spider mites

1 Like

@Olympia

Here are a lot of common cannibas issues w/pics

boron-deficiency-cannabis

broad-mite-russet-mite-

calcium-deficiency

magnesium-deficiency

iron-deficiency

light-burn

leaf-septoria-yellow-leaf-

manganese deficiency

copper-deficiency

nute-burn

potassium-deficiency

Root-rot

3 Likes

You may want to check for bugs’s or mold since you’ve validated nuts and ph are where they should be. It looks like they’re being eaten.

you’ll want to check both tops of leaves and bottoms where they may hid until the lights go off

Or it could be Phosphorus deficiencies

I’ve never seen this in person so I can’t say, but take a look my post above, hopefully it helps someone

sorry to spam the forum

Notice the leaves that are touching one another on separate plants are the leaves infected? If it is bugs or a fungus it’s/they’re on the move, but I may be over thinking this. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thats bad

No not really,

Is this a better pic?

1 Like

It’s also only on that set of leaves so I also am confused

Maybe we’re not on the same page, but is this one plant or a few plants in the same Drip system? I circled the screenshots I took of your original post

1 Like

Of the pic you just uploaded there are multiple plants both if magnified appalear to show signs of it which to me matches up with calcium/phosphorus/potassium issues/pictures .

Reference - Deficiency and excess of Calcium in cannabis plants- Alchimia Grow Shop

Reference -
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/deficiency-excess-of-potassium-cannabis/

Could be a fungus which can happen when a thorough cleaning wasn’t done or wasn’t effective from the previous grow (from what I’ve read).

Hopefully some more people chime in here w/ what they think it is. Maybe I’m wrong here, but you may want to take a closer look at all of those ladies

2 Likes

Here are some better pictures

1 Like

I also looked at the leaves under a jewelers loop, no movement and no apparent bugs

2 Likes

Glad it’s not bugs. My guess is your ladies could use a flush

Check red temps… also check for brown algae could be root rot … if I were you I’d flush for a few hours bring oh down to 5.8 and use light nutrients … are those all clones ? Or different strains … I had the same issue and I had brown algae growing in my grobo flushed and added bennies and she’s back right

2 Likes

My biggest problem with weekly flushes is that I feel like I can never get my pH to stabilize

I currently dose it with hydroguard so I don’t think it’s rootrot… What are red temps?

Hydroguard doesn’t necessarily work in all cases though … sometimes I’ve had instances where Hydroguard worked and bennies didn’t then I’ve had the reverse …

1 Like

Reservoir temps

They have been consistently 75-80 f

Air temps and water temps are very different.

For best results, you want your air temperature to be higher than your water temperature. Typical ranges are 75-80F (23.9-26.7C) for air temperature, and 68F (20C) or lower for water temperature.

Even though roots grow better at the slightly higher temperatures of 70-75F (21.1-23.9C), you would be inviting in pathogens and root diseases that thrive at these temperatures as well. Keeping yourself and your roots safe means operating under 68F.​

You may want introduce a water chiller

Source - the World Wide Web

1 Like

I don’t know how I would fit that in my space though.