Soil Auto Grow

Having a problem with heat in the tent. I have a 170cfm inline vent fan going 24/7 (for 80 cf of tent space) and all the bottom ventilation flaps open on the tent. Can’t pipe any A/C to it. So I was thinking, since my light ballast is dimmable, set it at 50% and shorten the light distance to the plants by half. Make any sense?

Might be ideal to just move the tent to an air conditioned room. Well ideal for the plant that is

Thanks Wolf1 but I don’t have A/C. Not much need where I live. It get’s to hot for me, I go squat in the creek :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I crack myself up

3 Likes

Switch out your mh or hps, what ever you have with a good led. That’ll take care of you right quick. I use an led with quantum board, no real heat to speak of. Matter of fact I have to use a small programmable heater to ensure it’s hot enough and I live in Alaska :joy:

2 Likes

BEAST MODE!!! :muscle:t4::muscle:t4::muscle:t4: That’s :fire:

Nope,

I would never nerf (dim) my light as it will have a direct impact on bud quality and yield. Sorry I don’t have an easy answer to alleviate your tent issues beyond ventilation and what others have suggested but that should be your fix/focus for happy plants. :seedling:

3 Likes

@coffindancer,

((#CoolingOff))… :man_playing_water_polo::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Week 6. I got a few new bud sites :heart: I believe I’ll back off on the LST for now and do any adjusting that’s needed to keep the canopy even.

Green Crack

Green Crack main cola

Blueberry Kush

Blueberry Kush main cola

4 Likes

@coffindancer,

((#LoveYourFlowers))… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts::white_flower:

2 Likes

Got my Grobo Premium today. Spend 2k plus 175 shipping and all you get for swag is a sticker?? :rofl: Got a Mango Kush feminized seed from ILGM planted. That will be another “Share Your Grow” thread :heartbeat:

5 Likes

I didn’t get a sticker lol. @Stephen wheres my sticker lol

2 Likes

Week 7. The bud sites are filling out nicely, I think. Removed the training ties.

Blueberry Kush

Green Crack

3 Likes

I hope mines get that big. I’m only on week 2 of flowering but she started growing hairs 2 weeks ago

3 Likes

So anyone know of a way to cool just tent down? I’m fluctuating between 72 and 76 atm. I also don’t have a/c in my home, I could install a window unit in room w tent but that’s pricey. I have good oscillating fan and exhaust vent up top and bottom open rn, but my temps going to rise soon and I want to be prepared. Dehumidifiers on the way I’m at 74 to 80 rn

Bring fresh cooler air with ducting and a blower from another room possibly? Unfortunately there aren’t many cheaper a/c options maybe a portable A/C unit.

A dehumidifier on its own will bring down Humidity but will in fact increase room temperature by design so watch for that when you fire it up.

1 Like

I just have 2 fans in my tent and I cracked the window to create a draft that helped a lot. My grow tent was 110 last week.

1 Like

110 :open_mouth: @Azuri guess I’ll look for a portable unit, and if not I’ll just get a window unit. Definitely could set up some ducting from outside but not really from another room, should probably put a filter of some sort though? @Mcmanis I also have windows open in the room with tent and a really good blower fan just circulating fresh air into the room(grobo is also in this room).

I didn’t have a good LED. King 1000w I got from Amazon before researching. It’s actually more like a 400W from reviews. It’s cooled things in my tent by about 10F but the distance from the light to canopy increased from 14 to 22 inches versus the HPS. Should a got a taller tent…:+1:

Yeah, I don’t know about King specifically but most of the “1000w” Amazon China lights pull around 170ish watts from the wall. They do an OK job but their clams of 1000w are #FakeNews

When possible look at the draw from the wall sure there are tons of other factors but yield is all about light output as the #1 consideration.

1 Like